By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza 6 VS Driveclub - RAIN EFFECTS

Which rain effects (watch videos) do you like more?

Driveclub 447 74.87%

Forza 6 150 25.13%

Total:597
Qwark said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Wanting money is apparently a MS exclusive.

Nah it's Sony, MS and almost every other company on the planet who wants money. Yet sometimes they want it a bit too much like Harry potter 7 part 1/part 2 much. I zm not saying Forza is at that point already but if they release another Horizon next year it's starting to look like overmilking.

I would argue titles like MLB The Show, Madden, WWE 2K and other sports are worse with the annual stuff.

Atleast with Forza their annual releases are different. Sim racer one year, open world the next. I wouldnt mind another Horizon a year from now. Maybe they will try something more story driven like NFS has as well. But if they did another sim next year or two open world games in a row, that would feel excessive.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Forza 6 is 60fps. This is very necessary to make a racing game feel smooth. Drive club is 30fps that relies on graphics thus the reason it got crappy review scores.

It didn't get crappy review first of all, just mediocre ones. And the main complaints were online functionality AT LAUNCH and the penalties for cutting corners and hitting other cars. Absolutely nothing to do with fps, try harder spreading fud by educating yourself

Mr Puggsly said:
Qwark said:

Nah it's Sony, MS and almost every other company on the planet who wants money. Yet sometimes they want it a bit too much like Harry potter 7 part 1/part 2 much. I zm not saying Forza is at that point already but if they release another Horizon next year it's starting to look like overmilking.

I would argue titles like MLB The Show, Madden, WWE 2K and other sports are worse with the annual stuff.

Atleast with Forza their annual releases are different. Sim racer one year, open world the next. I wouldnt mind another Horizon a year from now. Maybe they will try something more story driven like NFS has as well. But if they did another sim next year or two open world games in a row, that would feel excessive.

For sport games and COD games it's widely known, but what's the point of Forza 7 in 2 years. Forza 5 lacked content which Forza 6 made up for, what meaningfull content could 7 get since it already has rain, dark/night besides cars and tracks which could easily be a DLC package. For instance I also think DC 2 would be BS if it launches next year. GT is releasing for simcade racers done right 2 times a gen is enough. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

AEGRO said:

True. But nobody is forcing Microsoft to release a Forza game every year.

Real fans should request the best game that Turn 10 can make, if that takes more than a year of development, so be it.

I understand people wanting more time between each Forza releases but they are games of great quality. Following the content of a game like DC vs that of Forza games I rather have less graphics and way more content. For a game that got delayed for one year and got the effects even later, I personnaly think real fans should demand the best from DC's devs and ask for more than pretty graphics.

asqarkabab said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Wanting money is apparently a MS exclusive.

İts not exclusive to ms but ts more apparent to ms

Well I feel that way about Sony. I mean they are selling things to cut their losses and become more dependent on Playstation profits. My Vita and PS TV is virtually dead to Sony because money is an issue for Sony.

I think they are all in it for money and I just hope they deliver good products along the way.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
AEGRO said:

Real fans should request the best game that Turn 10 can make, if that takes more than a year of development, so be it.

I understand people wanting more time between each Forza releases but they are games of great quality. Following the content of a game like DC vs that of Forza games I rather have less graphics and way more content. For a game that got delayed for one year and got the effects even later, I personnaly think real fans should demand the best from DC's devs and ask for more than pretty graphics.

Agreed!

AEGRO said:
Jazz2K said:
AEGRO said:

Agreed!

So, you both must be anxiously awaiting the next Gran Turismo?

mornelithe said:
AEGRO said:
Jazz2K said:
AEGRO said:

Agreed!

Im no fan of racing games, but i want to see what GT brings to the table.

GT6 from what i know, was some kind of dissapointment. 

Snoopy said:
Forza 6 is 60fps. This is very necessary to make a racing game feel smooth. Drive club is 30fps that relies on graphics thus the reason it got crappy review scores.

I don't remember frame-rate being much of a sticking point for critics. From what i can remember the primary criticisms against it were that it didn't feel finished, didn't do much 'new', and that the online was a mess.

60fps is nice, but there are plenty of 30fps racers that are loved by both critics and fans (FH2 being a notable recent example). It's primarily sims where frame-rate becomes a sticking point for many.

AEGRO said:
mornelithe said:

Im no fan of racing games, but i want to see what GT brings to the table.

GT6 from what i know, was some kind of dissapointment. 

Well, it was definitely an improvement, but it had two things going against it.  Proximity with GT5's launch, and proximity of PS4's launch.  It was viewed as more of a .5 update, I think.

I'm looking forward to what they've got, also.  Plenty of stuff they can add now without having to worry about resources.