By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The OFFICIAL Apr 2007 NPD Thread

johnsobas said:
ssj12 said:
hmm.. yep I was right all along this site is 90% xbots and ninis... nice.. I hope the PS3 starts kicking all the other consoles rears soon then I can laugh as all you guys crying. =D

does it suprise you that Sony fans aren't discussing sales figures like they used to when their console is not doing well?

Not doing well? It did outsell X360 last month, Japan & USA combined. And that's pretty good, considering that there's not really a whole lot of decent games available yet.

Around the Network

Welcome geofrank.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

johnsobas said:
ssj12 said:
hmm.. yep I was right all along this site is 90% xbots and ninis... nice.. I hope the PS3 starts kicking all the other consoles rears soon then I can laugh as all you guys crying. =D

does it suprise you that Sony fans aren't discussing sales figures like they used to when their console is not doing well?

so if you have a pimple on your nose do you go around showing people how large and ugly it is?  C'mon man, one thing i cant stand more than people blindly following a company is people that blindly hate a ocmpany for doing something that EVERY single company in the freaking world does, yet ignore that every other company does it just "cuz its sony" please.

geofrank said:
johnsobas said:
ssj12 said:

Not doing well? It did outsell X360 last month, Japan & USA combined. And that's pretty good, considering that there's not really a whole lot of decent games available yet.

Uh unless it did about 80K plus last month in Japan I'm pretty sure it didn't. 69k is the difference between the US NPD numbers last month for the two. Add in the 360 did about 3k a week last month give or take and that is about 80k. So unless PS3 did 80k last month in Japan I don't think so. It certainly didn't average 20k a week.

I think in all fairness it outsold the xbox 360 but only if you include worldwide figures but it needs to do it month after month . i think its way toooo early to call ask me after xmas 08 and i will predict then the outcome , the ps3 is hard to predict sure its selling way below ps2 but very similar to ps and we know what happened then .

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Welcome geofrank.

I dunno why benkenobi88 but I always feel safe when ur about.
Anyway we all know how its gonna be dont we? nintendo shit loads, microsoft not so much and sony piss poor (excluding ps2)

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Jlmadyson said:
geofrank said:
johnsobas said:
ssj12 said:

Uh unless it did about 80K plus last month in Japan I'm pretty sure it didn't. 69k is the difference between the US NPD numbers last month for the two. Add in the 360 did about 3k a week last month give or take and that is about 80k. So unless PS3 did 80k last month in Japan I don't think so. It certainly didn't average 20k a week.

Yes, it actually did. I'm talking about march, and it sold 106k. 360 sold 17k.

Source: http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=21551

I've been following the threads at that forum for ages, and they seem reliable. 

Jlmadyson said:
geofrank said:
johnsobas said:
ssj12 said:

Yea there was only about a 39k difference in the sales in Japan between PS3 and 360 in a month.  That still means 360 outsold PS3 by 30k for those 2 territories. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

DS - 471k

WII - 360k

PS2 - 194k

PSP - 183k

360 - 174k

GBA - 84k

PS3 - 82k

omg if that is true..

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X