By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Golden Hammers & Challenges in Brawl

Used my first golden hammer today. I broke upon the "beat 100 man melee with every character" challenge. No, way I was going to tackle that one! You get to where you have just a few more guys to reach 100, and some jerk off knocks you off the screen = game over. No continues, you have to start all over again.

It felt good to use a hammer on that one! I still have a few more blue window to unlock. I beat the target smash timing challenges today, using pikachu for stages 1,3, 4, and Ness for stage 5.

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
so you can heal yourself with Lucas?

His down special emits a glowing sphere that absorbs projectiles and lowers Lucas's damage.  It can also be used to hurt opponents if you release the button when one is standing in the bubble.

Resident_Hazard said:
Onimusha12 said:
so you can heal yourself with Lucas?

His down special emits a glowing sphere that absorbs projectiles and lowers Lucas's damage. It can also be used to hurt opponents if you release the button when one is standing in the bubble.

Aye. I've pretty much got it down with Lucas now. I can beat most of the bosses without getting hit, the tricky thing is to string it all together for a good run. It also helps to get a good order of the bosses, since they get harder the deeper you go. If I get Master Hand, Petey, or Duon first I just restart, since they are easy(I want them later on) and/or can easily heal with Lucas. 

Twice I've made it to Tabuu with an extra heart container left over. Once I only needed one more freakin hit to finish him, then he just caught me with that lasso thing and slung me. 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

fagarcia75 said:
Used my first golden hammer today. I broke upon the "beat 100 man melee with every character" challenge. No, way I was going to tackle that one! You get to where you have just a few more guys to reach 100, and some jerk off knocks you off the screen = game over. No continues, you have to start all over again.

It felt good to use a hammer on that one! I still have a few more blue window to unlock. I beat the target smash timing challenges today, using pikachu for stages 1,3, 4, and Ness for stage 5.

What are the requirements for the window to the left of that one? 

That is my last blue window and I can only get it red if I complete that challenge.

I still have 4 hammers, one left to unlock (30 hours Brawls).

I'm chugging along through Boss Battles, but I still need to do it on Very Hard and Intense once... 

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I don't know how the Golden Hammer works, i couldn't break a Red window T_T

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Around the Network
ZaP~ said:

Ya, Sakurai said that "you should also know that there are some windows even a trusty Golden Hammer won’t break."

12 red windows and 1 blue one. A few of those windows are Boss Battle Mode related, 

and a few are 30, 50, and 100 hours of Brawls.

I'm so close to opening them all! 

"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

BrainBoxLtd said:
brawl4life said:
^^^ You beat boss battle on intense already 0_O ? I only manage to beat boss battle on very hard so far. Damn I can only beat 5-7boss then die on intense never made it to Tabuu yet . The word failure is depressing :(

If by already, you mean after failing it over fifty times or so, then yes, I already beat boss rush on intense. =P

I experimented with Peach a little earlier and she's pretty effective actually. Most of the bosses are so huge you can endlessly keep her airborn by using her side special move. (That weird butt tackle thing she does) Each time it hits, it'll throw you a little further up and you can spam it constantly to keep in the air. With Petey you never even have to go near the damn cages, just keep bouncing off his head, and with Duon you can easily get behind him where he can only use his spin move on you. With Ray you can constantly keep above his Iron Tail and Leer moves.

She can also float which makes spamming up smashes on flying enemies easier. Also if you just jump once and use the side special to get airborne, you can use her second jump at anytime to float away, and after that you still have her up special to recover even further.

Awesome a new strategy to try you are my hero :)! I failed soooooo many times threw my remote down in frustration dieing at 30percent from 1 hit with fox, samus, young link, and many more fallen.  

adajio said:
ZaP~ said:

Ya, Sakurai said that "you should also know that there are some windows even a trusty Golden Hammer won’t break."

12 red windows and 1 blue one. A few of those windows are Boss Battle Mode related, 

and a few are 30, 50, and 100 hours of Brawls.

I'm so close to opening them all! 

Thanks, i forgot that....i've still have about 28 red windows and 4 blue ones, i still have a lot to go on

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

No blues left... anyone been able beat boss battle on intense?

naznatips said:
No blues left... anyone been able beat boss battle on intense?

No, and I can't even beat it on Very Hard, damnit!