By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Not a lot of exclusive indie games on Wii U because “we don’t throw around cash”

Is paying for indie games a waster of money?

Yes 90 27.11%

No 74 22.29%

Only for lame indie games... 134 40.36%

What good indie games? 16 4.82%

Minecraft was an indie game so... 18 5.42%

Total:332
Pavolink said:
RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

Do you mean your lame "what Rol thinks of me" thread?

Yeah, it's a very scientific psychological study.

Pavolink - This spoiled brat does nothing but nagging.

Hard to argue with that result, don't you think?

Yeah, to be cool l should have been excited for more DLC and incomplete games. I hope future games hold content and release it for "free" in the coming months. Am I doing good? Or should I put some !!! at the end?

And you are still completely unable to understand that thanks to that the comunity has grown big and strong and now the experience is way better thanks to that, you just feel the need to criticize everything even when you are prove to be wrong, and it happens quite a bit. 

What is the next thing are you gonna do, criticize Mario Maker for being a incomplete moneygrab because most the content is locked on day 1 in order to teach the player a bit more everyday and keep the interest high for more than 2 days? Because that sounds freaking familiar to other game that you love to critique nobody knows why.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

Nintendo: Not a lot of exclusive indie games on Wii U because “we don’t throw around cash”

Fixed for Nintendo.

How come Nintendo forgot to thank you for fixing that?!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Roronaa_chan said:
ils411 said:

regardless that the possibility of my scenario happening is zero, the question still is, will you choose an indibox console with a couple of hundred puny exclusive indie games or an xbox one with just one game and that game is halo 5?

Yes. Without hesitation, "indibox".

Same here, and I've done it before. Even got a OUYA with my name etched on it (250$ tier on Kickstarter) and still using that console.

Bofferbrauer said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Yes. Without hesitation, "indibox".

Same here, and I've done it before. Even got a OUYA with my name etched on it (250$ tier on Kickstarter) and still using that console.

I'm so sorry.

AZWification said:
Pavolink said:

Nintendo: Not a lot of exclusive indie games on Wii U because “we don’t throw around cash”

Fixed for Nintendo.

They are avaricious and ungrateful, that's why!    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Valdath said:
Bofferbrauer said:

I'm so sorry.

No need to, I actually like the console. Sure, good games there are a bit difficult to find, not helped by the horrible main screen where you'll need some long time when browsing through the games, but they exist. I have probably spent more hours playing on my OUYA than I did on my PS3 (which I gave away after 2 years because practically everything was also available on my PC in better quality for a smaller price) and had much fun doing so.

AZWification said:
Pavolink said:

Fixed for Nintendo.

Their Youtube's policies must have been a hint to you.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Goodnightmoon said:

And you are still completely unable to understand that thanks to that the comunity has grown big and strong and now the experience is way better thanks to that, you just feel the need to criticize everything even when you are prove to be wrong, and it happens quite a bit. 

What is the next thing are you gonna do, criticize Mario Maker for being a incomplete moneygrab because most the content is locked on day 1 in order to teach the player a bit more everyday and keep the interest high for more than 2 days? Because that sounds freaking familiar to other game that you love to critique nobody knows why.

That's another absurd decision but can be fixed. The other not. And I don't have anything more to understand. I understood perflectly since day one because that's a practice that other companies has been doing for years. Just because is done by Nintendo it doesn't mean is right.

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That's another absurd decision but can be fixed. The other not. And I don't have anything more to understand. I understood perflectly since day one because that's a practice that other companies has been doing for years. Just because is done by Nintendo it doesn't mean is right.

No you don´t understand it all. Those other companies did that to make you PAY for content that should be already unlocked in the game, there was absolutely no intention of that with Splatoon, at all, as they are not making you pay for the content, is a game design to teach an entire comunity and keep the interest high for months, wich is essential in order to keep an online shooter that nobody knew before, alive. It´s freaking simple to understand, and you still comparing it with games that are shamelessly uncomplete just because they want you to buy Dlc, as i said before, you love to criticize everything just because, because you are smart enough to understand the differences, you just don´t want to.

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

No you don´t understand it all. Those other companies did that to make you PAY for content that should be already unlocked in the game, there was absolutely no intention of that with Splatoon, at all, as they are not making you pay for the content, is a game design to teach an entire comunity and keep the interest high for months, wich is essential in order to keep an online shooter that nobody knew before, alive. It´s freaking simple to understand, and you still comparing it with games that are shamelessly uncomplete just because they want you to buy Dlc, as i said before, you love to criticize everything just because.

You paid for that content since day 1. Everything else is wrong if you can't understand that.