By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Notch (Minecraft creator) has emotional breakdown to the Minecraft sell, ex-employees, life, etc. on Twitter

Samus Aran said:

You can tell that most people in this thread don't have the first clue what a depression actually is.

I'll let you guys in on a little secret: rational thinking is the first casualty during a depression.

Do I feel empathy for him? No... that's the second casualty during a depression...

Depression has very litle to do with money. It affects rich people and poor people at about the same rate.

However all those twitts are related to money and being exposed to an unwelcomed audience.

This dosen´t seem like depression to me.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
Samus Aran said:

You can tell that most people in this thread don't have the first clue what a depression actually is.

I'll let you guys in on a little secret: rational thinking is the first casualty during a depression.

Do I feel empathy for him? No... that's the second casualty during a depression...

Depression has very litle to do with money. It affects rich people and poor people at about the same rate.

However all those twitts are related to money and being exposed to an unwelcomed audience.

This dosen´t seem like depression to me.

A depression can be caused by a myriad of reasons. He speaks of isolation, that's a big one.

No, I don't feel for him. He chose to sell it, nobody forced him to do it. And he could easily start working on something new or get a job somewhere, or even donate money to charity...

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MohammadBadir said:
Money doesn't buy happiness :/

well that depends.

if you are already in isolation and poor money does buy happiness lol. Since you are now isolated with things around you.

ironmanDX said:
He waits for his family and friends to finish work?

Pay their mortgages and a massive holiday around the world then. If he isn't willing to to that, humanitarian aid hasn't even occurred to him in the slightest.

Pretty much this.

Around the Network

Poor guy. I feel for him. Money certainly does not bring happiness.

plip.plop said:
boo hoo, don't care. How about going some humanitarian work...

This. Got no shit to do since you have a ton of money? Getting bored? I sure as hell hope he is wise about his money and that he has at least invested some of it for long term.

If so, some people could use your help. It doesn't have to be reaching out to those hell on earth places. You could just do something simple as maybe helping other aspiring young devs? You know something like that?

If I had a fraction of that money and have a solid experience regarding something really valueable, I'd sure as hell would reach out to kids who want to improve or learn on the same craft with love.

That's hardly an emotional breakdown OP.

I feel for him. You try to turn down $2.5 billion. That'd be very hard to do.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

hunter_alien said:
Make a goddamn game then... occupy your time and make good use of the money you just earned. FFS, its not like there is no need for an extra 2.5 billion in this world.

Sadly, any game he makes will be unfairly compared to Minecraft and the additional scrutiny will probably make him even more depressed. There is no way he can ever top Minecraft. That is like Jerry Seinfeld making a sitcom that tops "Seinfeld", it can't be done.

Conegamer said:
Eh. I see where he's coming from but I have little sympathy. Which is actually very unusual. He's able to get a job, you can't say the other things aren't unexpected.

Breakdowns on twitter are so difficult to do and also to read. Maybe that's just me?

Agreed. They all just sound so whiny.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.