By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games/Series you recommend are MUST PLAYS at least once in a Life time?

Tagged games:

Lunar Silver Star/Lunar Enteral Blue
Suikoden 1&2
Shenmue 1&2
Skies of Arcadia
Dragon Quest (III,IV,V,VIII)
Final Fantasy (IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX)
Legend of Zelda (Original, ALTTP, OoT, LA, ALBW)
Super Mario (1,3, World, 64, SS, Galaxy 1/2)
Metroid (Super, Prime 1/2)
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Donkey Kong Country 1/2/3
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
Half Life 1/2
Halo 1/2
Gears of War 1
007 Goldeneye
Pokémon RBY,SG

So many more but I'll leave it with these for now :D

Around the Network

Legend of Zelda franchise.
That is all!
Usually when it comes to Nintendo, the first 3 big names that come to mind are Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda.
But not even Zelda has managed to maintain the level of mainstream success that the other two have over the course of it's 29 year history.
All my coworkers, for example, know what Mario and Pokemon are, even those who've never played a video game in their lives, but only 2-3 of them have heard of Zelda.
And I just find it as a shame. Because personally while not their biggest or highest selling franchise, I do strongly believe that the Zelda franchise is Nintendo's very best in terms of quality.
This is the only one franchise I've encountered so far that I can honestly say to people I meet, "You HAVE to try this series just ONCE! It's THAT amazing!"

Warcraft 3 single player. the best rts campaigne ever created

generic-user-1 said:

Warcraft 3 single player. the best rts campaigne ever created

I loved Warcraft 3's gameplay along with the Frozen Throne. Starcraft IMHO is more of a memorable game though. Although WC3 is better in all aspects of gameplay, I have to say the SC story is one of the best in gaming history. If you have never played the OG Startcraft I strongly recommend you give it a try...

Call of duty

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

Something I think everyone should try out...

Play Mother 3. Please. It's very easy to get a translated rom out there. This type of game is one-of-a-kind unique game that you won't ever experience elsewhere, and the rpg mechanics actually have you engaged in battle rather than blandly clicking moves (you'll find out with the Sound Battle and slow health drop mechanic). The story is extremely good and had me in tears at the end, yet as a Mother game, it has its fair share of facetious and humorous moments despite it not being seemingly appropriate, it somehow makes it work for me to smile despite the tragedies happening. I beat the game like at least 5 times now, and each of them has 30 hours each (I think my first save file had 40). To me, the game is an utmost masterpiece that is far superior than previous Mother games. Though that may or may not change with the upcoming fanmade Mother 4...

Also I think people should try out Picross 3D, Elite Beat Agents, and Advance Wars as those are very underappreciated titles.

PAOerfulone said:
Legend of Zelda franchise.
That is all!
Usually when it comes to Nintendo, the first 3 big names that come to mind are Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda.
But not even Zelda has managed to maintain the level of mainstream success that the other two have over the course of it's 29 year history.
All my coworkers, for example, know what Mario and Pokemon are, even those who've never played a video game in their lives, but only 2-3 of them have heard of Zelda.
And I just find it as a shame. Because personally while not their biggest or highest selling franchise, I do strongly believe that the Zelda franchise is Nintendo's very best in terms of quality.
This is the only one franchise I've encountered so far that I can honestly say to people I meet, "You HAVE to try this series just ONCE! It's THAT amazing!"

Well Zelda is Mainstream to Hardcore gamers I guess. Reason why your coworkers probably heard of Mario and Pokémon is because of there children. Kids are more likely to pick up Mario or Pokémon than Zelda.

I agree with you a 100%. No matter what console you side with, all gamers should at least give Zelda games a try.

Monkey Island 1 - 3, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, The Longest Journey, The Book of Unwritten Tales 1 + 2, Deponia: The Complete Journey, Pirates!, Portal 1 + 2, Psychonauts, Overlord 1 + 2, No One Lives Forever 1 + 2, Banjo Kazooie + Tooie, Ace Attorney series

patronmacabre said:
Persona series.
The Last of Us.
DanganRonpa series.
Valkyria Chronicles 1.
Dark Cloud 2.

Aaaaand... this just turned into a list of my favorite games. Still, everyone should play all of them.

I like this list.

Feel like it needs these too:

Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross
Super Mario RPG
Donkey Kong Country 1/2/3

Kotastic said:
Something I think everyone should try out...

Play Mother 3. Please. It's very easy to get a translated rom out there. This type of game is one-of-a-kind unique game that you won't ever experience elsewhere, and the rpg mechanics actually have you engaged in battle rather than blandly clicking moves (you'll find out with the Sound Battle and slow health drop mechanic). The story is extremely good and had me in tears at the end, yet as a Mother game, it has its fair share of facetious and humorous moments despite it not being seemingly appropriate, it somehow makes it work for me to smile despite the tragedies happening. I beat the game like at least 5 times now, and each of them has 30 hours each (I think my first save file had 40). To me, the game is an utmost masterpiece that is far superior than previous Mother games. Though that may or may not change with the upcoming fanmade Mother 4...

Also I think people should try out Picross 3D, Elite Beat Agents, and Advance Wars as those are very underappreciated titles.

I'm actually planning to get Mother 3 on ebay, along with the Binding Blade and this Sweet Back screen lit Game Boy Advance during Xmas, so that's going to be one game off my bucket list soon...