By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What kind of Marvel approach you like better: Avengers' Marvel or Daredevil's Marvel?

Which approach you like best?

Approach shown in Marvel films 15 18.52%

Approach shown in Daredevil series 25 30.86%

Both 32 39.51%

Neither 3 3.70%

DC Comics all the way 6 7.41%

Total:81

I preferred the cheesy Constantine series :p

Both are awesome, and I think they have got the right style for each one that captures the comic really well, unlike Emo Superman: Man of Steel but no colour or life Dragon Ball Z level destruction edition.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:

Both are awesome, and I think they have got the right style for each one that captures the comic really well, unlike Emo Superman: Man of Steel but no colour or life Dragon Ball Z level destruction edition.

Just in case you didn't know:

http://deadline.com/2015/08/constantine-arrow-crossover-cw-matt-ryan-1201497509/

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
TheSting said:

I know it'd be tough to kill a SH. The money is too great. These stories all end up being the same. Avengers and AoU were basically the same movie.

I prefer the gritty tone of Batman and Daredevil. Man of Steel as well. Had it not been for that darkness we wouldn't be getting what seems to be an awesome movie coming out. BvsS

My favorite superhero films are V for Vendetta, The Dark Knight and Watchmen even though I don't consider them to be perfect but yeah, I like my superhero films to be somewhat dark and with heavy themes and ideas that go beyond the good guys defeated the bad guys while making us laugh.

Not anything against the Marvel superhero films, most of them are extremely entertaining and well done.

Speaking of which, TheSting, have you seen V for Vendetta?

Oh yea. Remember Remember the 5th of November. I need to watch it again it's been awhile. Loved it though. Didn't watch the series. Was it any good?

The Avenger's films are meant to be that little bit more light hearted. Daredevil, not so much. Yet they are all connected. Daredevil was actually quite gruesome at times.

Both are good however the concept of the Avengers films is wearing thin for me. It's not longer really and adaption of the films but stuff and plot in their own right connected. It's not like the comics and I'm not really sure how long it can really continue if the actors age.

Hmm, pie.

Depends on the hero but if I had to choose it would be Marvel guardian of the galaxy aproach. The film flirted with many genres without taking it's elf to serious and it was very enjoyable to Watch, with groot as highlight, which is CGI done quite amazing.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

I remember when they announced that Civil War and I ran out and got the comic book. I was thinking this SH vs SH shit sounds interesting. It started very good with the guy blowing up a town. Penance I think. May be wrong it's been a few years. Punisher shows up and kills someone and Cap beats the shit out of him. It started out great action wise then got stale. Storyline overall was great.
I don't know about the Civil War movie though. A lot won't be in it. & they keep making these movies rated PG 13 when they need to be Rated R.

AbbathTheGrim said:
TheSting said:

I know it'd be tough to kill a SH. The money is too great. These stories all end up being the same. Avengers and AoU were basically the same movie.

I prefer the gritty tone of Batman and Daredevil. Man of Steel as well. Had it not been for that darkness we wouldn't be getting what seems to be an awesome movie coming out. BvsS

My favorite superhero films are V for Vendetta, The Dark Knight and Watchmen even though I don't consider them to be perfect but yeah, I like my superhero films to be somewhat dark and with heavy themes and ideas that go beyond the good guys defeated the bad guys while making us laugh.

Not anything against the Marvel superhero films, most of them are extremely entertaining and well done.

Thumbs up from me.

Though the rest of my top six superhero films are The Incredibles, Spiderman (2002) & Iron Man so I like both approaches

HigHurtenflurst said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Thumbs up from me.

Though the rest of my top six superhero films are The Incredibles, Spiderman (2002) & Iron Man so I like both approaches

No love for Hancock?

AbbathTheGrim said:
Fei-Hung said:

Just in case you didn't know:

http://deadline.com/2015/08/constantine-arrow-crossover-cw-matt-ryan-1201497509/

I know and I hope it leads to someone picking it up for a new season. 

TheSting said:
I remember when they announced that Civil War and I ran out and got the comic book. I was thinking this SH vs SH shit sounds interesting. It started very good with the guy blowing up a town. Penance I think. May be wrong it's been a few years. Punisher shows up and kills someone and Cap beats the shit out of him. It started out great action wise then got stale. Storyline overall was great.
I don't know about the Civil War movie though. A lot won't be in it. & they keep making these movies rated PG 13 when they need to be Rated R.

Ignore the actual Civil War plot. Age of Ultron was not about Sue Storm and Wolverine going through time to stop Ultron ever existing. This won't be Civil War. for one there are like 5 superheroes in stead of hundreds, no Reed to be on Tony's side, no New Warriors to make a mistake, no mutants to say 'We've done registration for the sole reason of existing and you think registering to do superhero antics matter when our population just went from 16 million to less than 200 in a moment?'.... so just a few missing things.

Hmm, pie.