By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Had to wait Until Dawn and it was sold out

Just curious on how well Until Dawn has sold. I'm not expecting big sales, so I didn't preorder and when I got to my local store in Leicester they were sold out. Apparently they sold out of every copy in store by 3:30pm. I had to go to their next branch where they had 3 copies remaining that I bought one off.

How has the game sold in your town / city? Do you think the good reviews may help push sales although there isn't a big marketing push from Sony?

Around the Network

I don't think the game will do blockbuster numbers but should have legs. It's developing a cult status behind horror movie fans. A friend of mine who doesn't follow gaming was asking me about it.

I havent goten to play the game yet but it seens like its quite a good one, I hope it sells well. didnt market the game much but it is quite a peculiar game, and that atracted a lot of atention from vidoegames news outlets and in consequence the game got a lot of exposition.

I think a couple mil over time is possible. It's certainly performing above expectations it would seem

I am Iron Man

Fei-Hung said:

Just curious on how well Until Dawn has sold. I'm not expecting big sales, so I didn't preorder and when I got to my local store in Leicester they were sold out. Apparently they sold out of every copy in store by 3:30pm. I had to go to their next branch where they had 3 copies remaining that I bought one off.

How has the game sold in your town / city? Do you think the good reviews may help push sales although there isn't a big marketing push from Sony?

What are the chances! You're from Leicester too haha! Do you go uni there? I'm at DMU.

Around the Network

I dont think it means much but better than nothing I guess.

PlayStation has really been making a name for itself in horror again, hasn't it? Back in the day the PS1 was really the first console where horror games began to strive. What makes the PS so well suited for delivering scares?

fireburn95 said:
Fei-Hung said:

What are the chances! You're from Leicester too haha! Do you go uni there? I'm at DMU.

No, I'm Leicester born and bred and I'm 33 lol I'm more of an old skool gamer hehe

You from Leicester or you just studying here? 

Fei-Hung said:
fireburn95 said:

No, I'm Leicester born and bred and I'm 33 lol I'm more of an old skool gamer hehe

You from Leicester or you just studying here? 

Long story. Born in Switzerland, lived in Liverpool, then Leicester then Birmingham. Now back to Leicester for uni. Ya know rooster teeth are having their UK meetup soon at DMU, I wish I could go but at bham during the dates. :(

I preordered. No idea how well it's selling but word of mouth should help it seem very well. Playing it right now and I love it!