By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Shutting Down Until Dawn Twitch Archives

ganoncrotch said:
bananaking21 said:
ganoncrotch said:

Game plays like a very cinematic experience, I can see why they would allow live streams of it, but not an upload of the game start to finish to be left up there.

Tis sort of like saying film studios should put their full movies up on youtube to watch to market it to more people.... I mean, more people would see them yes but if it hurts the bank balance it shouldn't really happen.

yeah i thought it was ALL live streams of Until dawn. however, i think if somebody is willing to watch an 8 hour game from start to finish, i dont think they were willing to buy it in the first place. 

Aye quite true as well, I never really understood watching lets plays myself, if I have the time to play a game... I'll want to be holding the controller, not some popcorn trying to hear the dialogue over fake reactions from the uploader to be "funny"

yeah me too. the only time i watch lets plays is if i am stuck at a certain point. i like video games because i play them, i dont like them to watch them. 

Around the Network

Makes sense. It's not like they are stopping the live streams.

bananaking21 said:
ganoncrotch said:
bananaking21 said:
ganoncrotch said:

Game plays like a very cinematic experience, I can see why they would allow live streams of it, but not an upload of the game start to finish to be left up there.

Tis sort of like saying film studios should put their full movies up on youtube to watch to market it to more people.... I mean, more people would see them yes but if it hurts the bank balance it shouldn't really happen.

yeah i thought it was ALL live streams of Until dawn. however, i think if somebody is willing to watch an 8 hour game from start to finish, i dont think they were willing to buy it in the first place. 

Aye quite true as well, I never really understood watching lets plays myself, if I have the time to play a game... I'll want to be holding the controller, not some popcorn trying to hear the dialogue over fake reactions from the uploader to be "funny"

yeah me too. the only time i watch lets plays is if i am stuck at a certain point. i like video games because i play them, i dont like them to watch them. 

I watched on as my brother in law watched a lets player called markiplyer playing through dead space 2.... my god, every single step he took was met with about 3 minutes of shouting. Completely ruined the whole game or.... your hearing even after a while.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It must be #4thegamers. lol! :p

LiveStreams are fine, no archives though. Might be due to the type of game it is.

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network
tiffac said:
It must be #4thegamers. lol! :p

Nah Sony is not #4daWatchers. Lol 

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 12 November 2019

d21lewis said:
With this type of game, I can see why. It's basically graphics and story. Compelling but not exactly fun to play. Don't give away the good stuff for free!

Most people dont sit down and watch 8-10hours of "lets plays".

Those that do, probably wherent going to buy the game anyways.

Also its a differnt experiance, when your the one in controll of the choices taken ingame.

I dont see why haveing a gameplay video of it up should impact sales in anyway (probably very minor effect if any at all).

So this may make watching the live streams on Twitch more popular than they would have been. As an encoder myself, I would just archive it to my harddisk and then ship it off to YouTube.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Normally I would be against this, but given the nature of the game, this might be justified. Watching the entire game would leave little incentive in actually buying and playing the game. I am not trying to defend Sony, but it makes sense to me. I would make the same argument for D4 on X1. Some games are just not meant to be streamed like that.

Free advertising is one thing, eliminating the need to buy it is another.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261