By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Says Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

ArchangelMadzz said:
A large chunk of those are phones and tablets I can imagine

Can't be, is not officially released yet for smartphones, thought it was for November?

Around the Network

I'm just holding out for some of the minor issues to be sorted then I'll upgrade. It certainly looks miles ahead of W8.

So far I like Windows 10, but I might rollback to 7, even if it's the next one to be discontinued.

jlmurph2 said:
osed125 said:

I switched back to 8.1 after the announcement of deleting pirated games and the general privacy things. You have 1 month after installing Win 10 to quickly rollback to the previous version you had installed, so I decided to make the switch to avoid any complications.

And call me crazy, but games run better on 8.1 than 10, at least from what I've seen.

Did you switch back after everyone was misinformed?

After the announcement I haven't heard any reports yet of this actually happening, but better safe than sorry. I don't pirate games much anymore, but I was worried that this would expand to not just game, but normal software.

And since you have 1 month to easily rollback I decided to switch before the 1 month passed (I had like 5 days left only).

I can install 10 again if I want to, but I probably won't do it until a few years in the future. Ignoring the pirated games and those stuff, Win 10 was ok, nothing special really.

Nintendo and PC gamer

If you look at their win 8 announcements, those were sold to the channel. The 75 million they quote here are machines that are activated and running win10.

Around the Network

I'm not one of them.