By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Devil's Third Review Thread - Metascore 40 (17 Reviews)

I still want it...

This seems like a case of "so bad its good", which honestly is exactly what the game seemed to be pitching.

Around the Network

Time to go back to Team Ninja, Itagaki. They can't make a Ninja Gaiden without you and you can't make... anything, it seems, without them.

(Maybe not though, since they seem to have improved DOA without you)

Anyway, still interested in this. Looks janky and ridiculous and I want it.

Wow I knew it was gonna score low but I didn't think it was gonna be that low.

buying it in two daystime

OK one thing really bothering me. Whenever reviewers don't roast a poor game on a spit everyone throws a fit and talks about bribery and laziness and demands they do their job blahblahblah. But then they actually buckle down and start being critical and do roast a poor game on a spit and people just say "I don't trust reviewers because reasons" and then go out and buy the bad game anyway and lo and behold are disappointed and still act like nobody warned them. Stop making excuses for games you haven't played people.

As for this game, I'm guessing Nintendo got sucked into this business deal by the same thing that got people's hopes up: it's Itagaki, a legendary designer. They probably gave him money and free reign for the most part and then he pulled a Romero. Happens. And let that be a refresher course: one big name does not make a good game.

Around the Network

It might be a bad game but it is getting worse scores than it probably deserves. Probably should be around a 50 at least.

Lol, it's better than Sonic Boom now.

DerNebel said:
Ruler said:

I dont trust these reviews, i am pretty sure the game is okay. It has more content and value than until dawn for example and better graphics than gears remaster. Metacritic is not reliable theydont even allow japanese, korean, taiwanese, russian, arabic or latin american review sites to take part in the score. Just look at the sites they have they are all western, most noticebly anglo american sites

I can honestly not figure out if this post is serious.

Many of them can't be serious, but I'm oftenly not sure. This one is not serious I hope.

sethnintendo said:
It might be a bad game but it is getting worse scores than it probably deserves. Probably should be around a 50 at least.

When a game is below average reviewers hammer it this low. When it's average it gets 6.5. The scale is never used properly. Still, looks like people aren't liking it. Guess I'll find out in a few days 

sethnintendo said:

I agree, some of the scores seem needlessly low...but I guess there was a lot people were expecting from it and it really did not deliver. Like, it sounds near broken in places and completely unplayable.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The Devil's Third is this generation Ride to Hell.