By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Zero does not require motion controls.

This has been known for months lol

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

OPTIONAL. That's the key word.

Really loving Splatoon's motion controls though so I'm going to give SF0's a try too.

JNK said:
i wont buy it because bad graphics

Screw the graphics, it better have good gameplay.

Kotastic said:
Ok, but will there be certain sections where the Gamepad will be required, and to some extent motion controls, or else the level would get a whole lot harder?

The boss fight in Titania comes to mind for one.

No section requires it otherwise it wouldn't be optional, the control set up is just there to be more intuitive and allow people to tackle the game in a different manner. 

Goodnightmoon said:

This is gonna be similar to Splatoon, people talking shit about the gyro controls, everybody says that they will play the game without it and then the game comes and.... everybody uses the fucking gyro because it is way more accurate and fun this way.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Splatoon's gyro controls are passable at worst and pretty damn good at best, but there's no real indicator of how often they're used, nor of how "fun" they are compared to playing it like a regular shooter. The people who use them aren't the ones who were shitting on them before launch, and the people who use them for Star Fox won't be the ones shitting on them now. 

Personally the lack of hybrid controls/a gyro sensitivity setting turned me off. Gyro was fine for horizontal movement but I couldn't get used to gyro vertically for some reason. I think my Gamepad is just a tad unresponsive for the fast-paced gameplay. My point is, the guys who hate gyro aren't the ones who are gonna buy the games anyway, they're complaining for the sake of it. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

Splatoon's motion controls are the best, they should be the standard in every shooter going forward to be quite honest.

Wyrdness said:
Kotastic said:
Ok, but will there be certain sections where the Gamepad will be required, and to some extent motion controls, or else the level would get a whole lot harder?

The boss fight in Titania comes to mind for one.

No section requires it otherwise it wouldn't be optional, the control set up is just there to be more intuitive and allow people to tackle the game in a different manner. 

Yes I get that it's optional, but it can be like 3D World where some parts of the game require the gamepad gimmicks. That can easily transfer to SFZero where some parts are intended to be exclusively used for the Gamepad, and if you don't use it then it gets a whole lot harder.

DivinePaladin said:
Goodnightmoon said:

This is gonna be similar to Splatoon, people talking shit about the gyro controls, everybody says that they will play the game without it and then the game comes and.... everybody uses the fucking gyro because it is way more accurate and fun this way.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Splatoon's gyro controls are passable at worst and pretty damn good at best, but there's no real indicator of how often they're used, nor of how "fun" they are compared to playing it like a regular shooter. The people who use them aren't the ones who were shitting on them before launch, and the people who use them for Star Fox won't be the ones shitting on them now. 

http://gamingbolt.com/70-80-of-splatoon-players-use-gyro-controls-nintendo-reveals

Between 70 - 80% of players use the gyro in Splatoon

Kotastic said:
Wyrdness said:

Yes I get that it's optional, but it can be like 3D World where some parts of the game require the gamepad gimmicks. That can easily transfer to SFZero where some parts are intended to be exclusively used for the Gamepad, and if you don't use it then it gets a whole lot harder.

The only Gamepad sections I have seen are the ones with the little drone robot which kinda makes sense since the little robot camera is first person (navigated with the sticks on the camera) while the ship is 3rd person.  Other than that the gamepad has just been for the aiming system thing, which is optional. 

Kotastic said:
Wyrdness said:

The gamepad is just for aiming with out moving the ship otherwise the game will just play like any other Starfox game.