By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker MetaScore Predictions? Will it be High or Naw! :0

patronmacabre said:
Samus Aran said:

From what I heard it's a very robust level editor actually.

I'm sure it's exceptional in making Mario levels.

What I'm comparing it to is the likes of StarEdit (the Starcraft editor) or LittleBigPlanet. More specifically, I just don't think it looks that abusable, and we won't see truly unique levels that completely shift the genre away from strictly platforming.

Well yeah, but that's not the point of the game, although I can see why you would prefer that. I did see a really cool Metroid level, too bad it still had the time limit. Patch that out Nintendo, everybody hates your stupid time limits (and scrolling levels).

Around the Network

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

patronmacabre said:
Samus Aran said:

From what I heard it's a very robust level editor actually.

I'm sure it's exceptional in making Mario levels.

What I'm comparing it to is the likes of StarEdit (the Starcraft editor) or LittleBigPlanet. More specifically, I just don't think it looks that abusable, and we won't see truly unique levels that completely shift the genre away from strictly platforming.

But the levels on LBP that are not platformer are just gimmicky, they are not really fun because the game is designed as a platformer and it works fine that way, but the rest of the levels that go away from platforming are poor imitations of other games that are cool just because you made it with an editor. I don´t think Mario Maker need that kind of levels tbh

Goodnightmoon said:

But the levels on LBP that are not platformer are just gimmicky, they are not really fun because the game is designed as a platformer and it works fine that way, but the rest of the levels that go away from platforming are poor imitations of other games that are cool just because you made it with an editor. I don´t think Mario Maker need that kind of levels tbh

Undeniably true. But on the other hand, look at what StarEdit gave us: Aeon of Strife -- the precursor to the MOBA genre.

Around the Network

Maybe 86. It'll do fine, I'm sure of it.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

patronmacabre said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Undeniably true. But on the other hand, look at what StarEdit gave us: Aeon of Strife -- the precursor to the MOBA genre.

Yeah, that´s way more ambitious than SMM, but I think the strenght of the game is not only in the amount of content and posibilities but also how addictive is to design levels, because editors are usually tedious and to create an editor that makes the process as addictive and engaging as it looks the SMM editor, it is no joke, looks not only very elegant, complete and smart but also very fun.

i think it will be around 78

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick