By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unable to play any other classic jRPG after Chrono Cross

Chrono Cross is the pinnacle of the genre for me.

I played it 4 times with a few month intervals on PS3 and PSP in 2012-2013. It has the most amazing visuals, locations and some of the music tracks are amazing. After that I haven't been able to play any other, they all seem bland in comparison. On positive side I save a lot of time for other genres and fapping. I think CC is one of the underappreciated games ever. It easily made my top 10 and that is extremely hard to do.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Finally someone like me. Someone who truly appreciates this RPG... Truly it's one of the best JRPG's ever made, I played it 7 times and did absolutely everything. This game is like crack.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Finally someone like me. Someone who truly appreciates this RPG... Truly it's one of the best JRPG's ever made, I played it 7 times and did absolutely everything. This game is like crack.

I agree with this also.  I think the game would have been much more Popular if they had named it "Radical Dreamers" instead of Chrono Cross.  People expected something it wasnt.  What it ended up being was and is Amazing.

Sounds awesome but I bet it's not better than Final Fantasy XIII, the true pinnacle of the genre.

One of my favorites.
Its aged well too I think, I still enjoy it as much as I did back then.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

Sounds awesome but I bet it's not better than Final Fantasy XIII, the true pinnacle of the genre.

Agreed

Almost a hundred of hours of my life well-spent on that masterpiece.

I havent played this one since I got it when it first came out. I remember being so disappointed in it because it wasn't the direct sequel to Chrono Trigger that I expected it to be. I bought it during Square's recent sale on PSN so I can give it a fair shake someday.

Ssenkahdavic said:

I agree with this also.  I think the game would have been much more Popular if they had named it "Radical Dreamers" instead of Chrono Cross.  People expected something it wasnt.  What it ended up being was and is Amazing.

Exactly... Lucky for me I started with Chrono Cross instead of Chrono Trigger. I eventually played CT and to be honest I didn't find it as amazing as CC. It's all because of the stupid name of the game!!!!

CC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CT (Memorize it you peasants)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Seiken Densetsu 3 (secret of mana 2) would like to have a word with you. It doesn't get better than those two.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

m0ney said:

Chrono Cross is the pinnacle of the genre for me.

You're a bad person and you should feel bad.