By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Plays! The "we never asked for this" edition (VGCPlaysDeusEx)

Tagged games:

Wright said:
XanderXT said:

My thoughts on the first mission.

When I played this, I expected a cyberpunk Fallout (Which I've never played). Because of this, I tried going commando on the guards. Big mistake, because the gunplay is terrible. I didn't survive that. Then I realized this was cyberpunk Splinter Cell. So I went for a lethal approach, which took a long time because I kept dying. So I started doing nonlethal takedowns, because it was stealthier. Also, I somehow almost missed the hostages. Luckily, I remembered they existed and explored the place. I searched the place like 10 times before I found them. How long will this game be? It took me 1 hour and 27 minutes from the beginning to this mission. I'd like to know how long it is.

From twenty to sixty hours, depending on how invested you want to be on the game. :P

I killed Barret with my sniper rifle, now tell me how did you kill him?

Around the Network
XanderXT said:

My thoughts on the first mission.

When I played this, I expected a cyberpunk Fallout (Which I've never played). Because of this, I tried going commando on the guards. Big mistake, because the gunplay is terrible. I didn't survive that. Then I realized this was cyberpunk Splinter Cell. So I went for a lethal approach, which took a long time because I kept dying. So I started doing nonlethal takedowns, because it was stealthier. Also, I somehow almost missed the hostages. Luckily, I remembered they existed and explored the place. I searched the place like 10 times before I found them. How long will this game be? It took me 1 hour and 27 minutes from the beginning to this mission. I'd like to know how long it is.

If you invest yourself in each area and explore everything, complete as many side quests as possible, hack every terminal etc. then it would probably take between 30-40 hours dependent on how slow/stealthy you want to be.

It is actually possible to play commando but it has to be done tactically and take full advantage of your augmentations. You need to be able to pull off headshots pretty quick otherwise you'll run out of ammo in no time and use a mix of typhoon, invisibility (for flanking) and grenades. Also, the revolver is actually one of the best weapons in the game once you get the explosive mod.

QUAKECore89 said:
Wright said:

From twenty to sixty hours, depending on how invested you want to be on the game. :P

Wright said:

- The boss. OH MY GOD. I knew this moment was coming, but still...bleh. Killed me six or seven times, then I managed to get around him by throwing him those explosive barrels - all of them - then getting close and personal with a magnum. Pacifist characters are seriously fucked when dealing with these dudes.

Wright said:
QUAKECore89 said:
Wright said:

Wright said:

- The boss. OH MY GOD. I knew this moment was coming, but still...bleh. Killed me six or seven times, then I managed to get around him by throwing him those explosive barrels - all of them - then getting close and personal with a magnum. Pacifist characters are seriously fucked when dealing with these dudes.

Hehe

It's installing right now. I'll probably play at the highest difficulty since I already beat it in the other difficulties.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
pokoko said:
So about 1/4th of the time, my tranq rifle kills the target. Huh.

You sure you aren't using the sniper rifle?

Also, the environment can kill people. I did a non-lethal takedown only to have the guy fall into the sewer and die.

Quite certain!  I hit two bangers with the tranq gun form the roof and they were dead when I went to check on them.  One of them could not be moved, for whatever reason.  A third was alive and then dead after I pulled him a few feet into hiding.  Google says this has happened to others, though some say it's an icon bug and they're actually not counted as dead.  

And, yeah, I lost a couple to that electrified sewer, the clumsy bastards.

Also, if anyone is going to play commando, I know it sounds silly, but use the 10mm handgun.  Once you get the mod that ignores armor, that think is straight-up lethal to everyone, it's small, and ammo is all over the place.

I prefer to use stealth in this game and I love the pistol with the silencer/armor piercing upgrades. I sell everything else except the grenades for the most part. Typically I'll take down enemies with non-lethal sneak attacks then I drag them away then shoot them in the head.

Aeolus451 said:
then I drag them away then shoot them in the head.

While it makes sense, because that way they can't be revived by another soldier, you make it sound extremely sadistic with that happy smiley next to the message.

Wright said:
Aeolus451 said:
then I drag them away then shoot them in the head.

While it makes sense, because that way they can't be revived by another soldier, you make it sound extremely sadistic with that happy smiley next to the message.

It sounds sadistic regardless but I might as well play along with it.

So, I already started in early August and am finished now.

Sadly, I failed to get the pacifist achievement, something went wrong...

That's my aug screen at the end of the game: