By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Plays! The "we never asked for this" edition (VGCPlaysDeusEx)

Tagged games:

episteme said:

So, I already started in early August and am finished now.

Sadly, I failed to get the pacifist achievement, something went wrong...

That's my aug screen at the end of the game:

Why not use those 4 available praxis?

Around the Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfiQYRn7fBg

Wright said:

I was saving points to make sure that I don't run into situations where I need an ability without having points. My last purchase was EMP shielding for example.

Other things were useless and I don't even want to have mark & track, it just adds more writing to the interface.

episteme said:
Wright said:

I was saving points to make sure that I don't run into situations where I need an ability without having points. My last purchase was EMP shielding for example.

Other things were useless and I don't even want to have mark & track, it just adds more writing to the interface.

I always keep reserve points for that reason.  

On question, though.  Do you use all those hacking skills?  I've never put points in fortify or the analyzer skill.

pokoko said:

On question, though.  Do you use all those hacking skills?  I've never put points in fortify or the analyzer skill.

Fortify is like the most dumb thing you could do, when hacking.

Around the Network
Wright said:
pokoko said:

You don't know everything!

pokoko said:
Wright said:

You don't know everything!

Well...I guess capturing a node that leads nowhere is dumber.

pokoko said:

The analyzer is useless, I activated it for the hacking at the end, but it was not helping.

Fortify isn't completely useless, I'm quickly fortifying all captured nodes after I got detected to get more time. But I don't know how fast you can do that with a controller, it's probably faster on the touchscreen or with a mouse.

episteme said:
pokoko said:

The analyzer is useless, I activated it for the hacking at the end, but it was not helping.

Fortify isn't completely useless, I'm quickly fortifying all captured nodes after I got detected to get more time. But I don't know how fast you can do that with a controller, it's probably faster on the touchscreen or with a mouse.

I would agree with this. I didn't use Fortify at all in my previous playthroughs, but started messing around with it for this one and it's actually proving quite useful after being detected. I'm no longer having to use STOP programs as I can quickly fortify nodes to buy myself time.

@Wright

I'll post a new update in a day or two. Just got to Montreal after leaving Hengsha. I think I've managed to not kill anyone so far. Really wish they'd have a stat page so you can check.

Just finished the first mission. I saved the hostages and killed Zeke. The increased difficulty only makes actual combat a bit harder, everything else is the same. Right now, at back at Sarif HQ. I'm gonna search the offices before heading up to talk to Sarif.