By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Plays! The "we never asked for this" edition (VGCPlaysDeusEx)

Tagged games:

I don't have the game, I can't play :(

Two questions. For how long do we play a game until we choose another? And how are other games chosen?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
I don't have the game, I can't play :(

Two questions. For how long do we play a game until we choose another? And how are other games chosen?

I generally ask which game do people want in a thread. Given that there was no way to gauge popularity, I went with Deus Ex just to have a starting point.

I'm flexible about the "how long" thing. If you want a deadline, probably before December (or even previously to that, if almost everyone has already finished it!)

Do you have the game? Yes

What Platform Will You Be Using? PC/Steam

Will you own the extra content DLC? I will not use the DLC

What Difficulty Are You Planning To Play? I'll just stick with the medium difficulty

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I own this on Wii U, and really need to play it. But I want to finish Invisible War first.

The original Deus Ex, in my mind, is a masterpiece - probably the best PC game I've played.

Bofferbrauer said:

Guess I'll buy the Wii U version on it's next eShop sale then

It's 39.99 € and never goes on sale, but you could create a Russian NNID and buy it for 1499 rubles, that's only a little over 20 €.

I replaced my physical version because it almost cuts the loading times in half on a SSD (30% on HDD).

Do you have the game?: Yes

What platform are you using?: Wii U, but I also have the PC version

Do you own the extra content/DLC?: Yes

What difficult are you planning to play?: normal at the moment, but I can change it (only affects boss fights with my play style)

I finished almost half of the game and won't start a new save file, but my memories are still fresh. I'm playing around 1-2 hours every day at the moment.

Around the Network
episteme said:

I finished almost half of the game and won't start a new save file, but my memories are still fresh. I'm playing around 1-2 hours every day at the moment.

That isn't a problem. Where are you right now? I'd like to ask you some questions throughout your adventure, for the record. :P

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I own this on Wii U, and really need to play it. But I want to finish Invisible War first.

The original Deus Ex, in my mind, is a masterpiece - probably the best PC game I've played.

Well, you shouldn't have problem, considering Human Revolution is a prequel to Deus Ex!

Well, this is my third favorite game of all time so I'm game:

Do you have the game?:

Yes, The Director's Cut

What platform are you using?:

PC/Steam

Do you own the extra content/DLC?:

Yes

What difficult are you planning to play?:

Give Me Deus Ex!

Wright said:
episteme said:

That isn't a problem. Where are you right now? I'd like to ask you some questions throughout your adventure, for the record. :P

On the ship from the DLC that is included in the middle of the DC version.

m0ney said:
Wright said:

More than Invisible War? Not that it was a bad game, mind you.

I pretend that Invisible War doesn't exist, it is that bad :D Human Revolution is not a bad game but it is a bad Deus Ex game to me cos the devs misunderstood what makes Deus Ex - it is freedom, not 'play it the proper way - like Thief' and 'play it the wrong way - like cover shooter'.

What platform did you play on? I sometimes think it's easier to play through on PC (regardless of style) than to play than on consoles.

Got it on PC, haven't played it yet but more than happy to help out with this project Wright as you know. Great thread!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.