By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Windows 10 can search for and disable Pirated Games

MotherBound said:
So glad I haven't downloaded this yet

Every signle Windows have this, people stop using windows.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

Yes, because there's no way this system will delete an authentic program thinking it's pirated. Another reason not to upgrade.

Better also uninstall your Windows 7/8/XP/whatever.

Well once again anti MS click bait BS.... MS is talking about their own software and services which is pretty much legit on their part to protect their property and their honest customers...
They won't touch anything on your DD and certainly not do any policing for third parties... Anybody that think different needs to be checked... What would be the gain for MS wasting money to protect third party property for free??? Yeah right...

HollyGamer said:
Funny thing is, i am now playing pirated PC games on Windows 10 lol, Microsoft is a liar

How many of those games are from the Windows Store?

FIT_Gamer said:
Isn't this only for Windows 10 games though?

Yes, the ones from the Windows store and it also pertains to Xbox One hence the hardware part.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
Mistershine said:
HollyGamer said:
Funny thing is, i am now playing pirated PC games on Windows 10 lol, Microsoft is a liar

None, so??? OP is not explaining very well blame OP not me!!!! Still " Windows 10 can search for and disable Pirated Games " So i am still right. 

HollyGamer said:
Mistershine said:

None, so??? OP is not explaining very well blame OP not me!!!! Still " Windows 10 can search for and disable Pirated Games " So i am still right. 

Nope Windows 10 can't, it's the services from Microsoft can(which Windows 10 or any other Windows are not listed)

D-Joe said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Yes, because there's no way this system will delete an authentic program thinking it's pirated. Another reason not to upgrade.

Hey! I did indeed!! But it was on a separate partition on my Mac. Just a total waste of disc space. ^_^

Michelasso said:
D-Joe said:

Hey! I did indeed!! But it was on a separate partition on my Mac. Just a total waste of disc space. ^_^

Actually some of services also appear on MacOS, try Linux.

D-Joe said:
Michelasso said:

Actually some of services also appear on MacOS, try Linux.

Yeah, Bing (disabled) and Spotlight, which has a big separate option in the Control Panel (disabled as well). Then we get clearly asked if we want to send crash data to Apple. Windows 10 even after disabling everything is still sending data to MS. 

Then sure, anything with iCloud. But that's the definition of a Cloud service. And again it must be set up. MS is pretending to say that the service is the OS itself (which in IT is an aberration). Just wait for them charging monthly, like with XBL. Any hidden clause in the EULA about that?