By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Windows 10 can search for and disable Pirated Games

asqarkabab said:
MS at its work
So win10 free to find pirates and prevent piracy brillian

This is why read the thread is a required action before reply.

Around the Network
pbroy said:
FUD, was going to post it earlier if it was legit to bash M$. Would be upset if it deleted my PSP and Dreamcast backups.

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-can-automatically-disable-pirated-games-unauthorized-hardware-your-windows-10-pc

"Microsoft's Services EULA is different from the one governing Windows (Microsoft Software License Terms), which means that the amendments Microsoft added recently were to protect against counterfeiting of Xbox Live and Windows Store content, and not monitoring (or disabling) illicit content on Windows 10."

That makes a lot more sense.

D-Joe said:
asqarkabab said:
MS at its work
So win10 free to find pirates and prevent piracy brillian

Oh yea but is says that win10 will search for pirated software so

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

This is bull**** it's not an OSs job to monitor the buying habits of it's consumers.

I'm not defending piracy here, but the reality is that it's non of microsofts business if people pirate or not.

Is this only for games, or sofware in general?
The amounts of people I know that use a pirated copy of photoshop for non-commercial reasons for example is astronomical. Same with lots of other little programs. So I get that sofware piracy is a big issue, hence why we have that wonderful Adobe subscribtion model now *belch*. As market leader they can just do that and be sure their business customers are going to follow. Is windows now going to be their guard dog?

^Another reply that can't read.

asqarkabab said:
D-Joe said:

It's not just win10 and it's limited their own service(like store, just like steam's VAC)

Around the Network
D-Joe said:

^Another reply that can't read.

asqarkabab said:

It's not just win10 and it's limited their own service(like store, just like steam's VAC)

Thanx for clarification dude

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Funny thing is, i am now playing pirated PC games on Windows 10 lol, Microsoft is a liar

So glad I haven't downloaded this yet

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

Yes, because there's no way this system will delete an authentic program thinking it's pirated. Another reason not to upgrade.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It's only for Xbox and Windows Store items so I'm not too bothered. Still, I totally expect for some unforeseen consequence/complication to ruin the day of a few people.

4 ≈ One