By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The next Last of Us. What would you like it to be?

Tagged games:

What would you like the next TLoU to be about?

Focus on a different character 3 4.41%

Chapters on different characters 1 1.47%

Direct follow on sequel 31 45.59%

Prequel with Joel, Ellie 5 7.35%

Completely new characters 24 35.29%

Something else - share your idea 4 5.88%

Total:68

I would like for it to not be a thing and for them to make Savage starlight instead.

Around the Network

I just want a game with an older Ellie as a protagonist. Either way I can't wit for TLOU2

I don't want Joel and Ellie to be in the main game. I suppose they can be cameos, but their story is finished. It was left purposefully open, and Naughty Dog doesn't need to revisit it.

I want the main character to be Ish. Since he, like Tommy, is much more idealistic than Joel, and since he has a very tragic backstory, I want his story to be about a descent into despair and redemption.

I think the only major change since the first TLOU is that the Fireflies should be mostly gone as a result of Joel's actions. I think it would be interesting to see what would happen to the world without the hope that the Fireflies will bring it back to normalcy.

I think a prequel would be the worst thing to do. It worked with Ellie, because Left Behind was short and because her relationship with with Riley showed Ellie in a completely different light. I simply don't think there's enough to make a prequel compelling.

Some of you guys step to make the game focus on new characters. I feel that's the only way to do it properly.

Twitter: @d21lewis

I think it'll be too hard to top the original imo, especially with new characters so i'd rather they make a new franchise.

Around the Network

What ever the dev team can passionately get behind. Hopefully that means new characters, because I feel that the first game is a complete game/story. I'll take what ever though. I'm sure it will be great.

4 ≈ One

I would like it to be a Naughty Dog game :D

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

its hard to tell. I'd like to see what happens next with our main characters, but the again, the ending for the first game was perfect =S

Four words: True Detective Season Two

Twitter: @d21lewis

I wouldn't mind Tommy's story. We see him at the very start, we know he joined the fireflies, had a falling out with Joel and then left the fireflies. There's a rich story in there. Can't fill in the whole 20 years in one game, but the essential year when Tommy became disillusioned with the fireflies and then went to form his own community.

OTOH, there's no reason we can't pick up with Ellie a few years down the track, part of Tommy's crew and Joel dead, or maybe missing. Joel could turn up later in the game as an infected. Could go all Fear the Walking Dead and go to a completely different part of the country with an entirely new cast.

I hear there's a "conspiracy theory" that TLOU and Uncharted happen in the same universe, obviously Uncharted pre-dates TLOU. Would be cool if an 80-year old Elena or Chloe turned up in TLOU2. Not as a significant character, perhaps not even named, but with the right look and same voice actor, if they can put on an old-person voice.

It's going to be hard to make that emotional connection like in TLOU a second time. So we'll see if ND can strike twice. Repeating the UC formula is much easier than repeating the TLOU formula.

One thing that gives me a bit of confidence in ND is that if they're not feeling it, they won't mnake it. I remember an interview from a few years back where they said they worked up a whole bunch of ideas for Jak 4 but nothing was coming together, so they dropped it. This is good and mature decision making, so I think if they're not feeling TLOU2 they won't force themselves to make it no matter how many people demand it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix