By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The next Last of Us. What would you like it to be?

Tagged games:

What would you like the next TLoU to be about?

Focus on a different character 3 4.41%

Chapters on different characters 1 1.47%

Direct follow on sequel 31 45.59%

Prequel with Joel, Ellie 5 7.35%

Completely new characters 24 35.29%

Something else - share your idea 4 5.88%

Total:68

Joel has developed as much as he can and has nothing left to offer the story other than a springboard for Ellie. Ellie has only just begun her story and has plenty of room for development. It will be Ellie's story.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

A game would be nice.

I'd like to see more focus on Ellie, and if not her, a new cast of characters.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Boutros said:
beeje13 said:

I remembered earlier how Nolan North (plays David) let slip there will be a new TLoU. And also how Troy Baker (plays Joel) knows nothing.

This could suggest that there's no Joel in the next game... but that's just a possibility still at this stage.

Anyway, what would you like the next instalment to be about?

Focus on a character from TloU, show how they got to where they are (e.g. David, Joel's brother, Tess etc)

Have chapters on a few different characters with their own separate stories

The early years of Joel (and Ellie), how he survived the fall and got to where he did.

A direct following sequel to TLoU, I think the first game does leave this possibility.

Completely New characters, set in a different part of the states, or world even. 

Or something else! I know a user on here wants an open world online game set in the universe.

That's Left Behind lol

Only a bit of Ellie. I think that the bulk of content would be on Joel, how he fell out with his brother, met tess.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

I want not to see another one
Sony make unique games like horizon please

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

Guys, I admit it. TLoU was a great game. I don't think we need another. I think it would either cheapen the experience or undo some of the stuff that felt permanent for the sake of a happy ending.

They told the story they wanted to tell and they told it well. That's all we need. Will bigger monsters, more explosions, a new combo system to take down bad guys faster than ever, of whatever comes with a sequel really add anything? Will continuing the story really add to what we've had? FFVII this game. Don't "Advent Children" it up.

non-existant. This coming from a guy who platinumed the original and the remaster and just wants it left alone like Grim Fandango or Citizen Kane. SOME THINGS DON'T NEED SEQUELS!

I am Iron Man

I would like for it to not be a thing and for them to make Savage starlight instead.

I just want a game with an older Ellie as a protagonist. Either way I can't wit for TLOU2

I don't want Joel and Ellie to be in the main game. I suppose they can be cameos, but their story is finished. It was left purposefully open, and Naughty Dog doesn't need to revisit it.

I want the main character to be Ish. Since he, like Tommy, is much more idealistic than Joel, and since he has a very tragic backstory, I want his story to be about a descent into despair and redemption.

I think the only major change since the first TLOU is that the Fireflies should be mostly gone as a result of Joel's actions. I think it would be interesting to see what would happen to the world without the hope that the Fireflies will bring it back to normalcy.

I think a prequel would be the worst thing to do. It worked with Ellie, because Left Behind was short and because her relationship with with Riley showed Ellie in a completely different light. I simply don't think there's enough to make a prequel compelling.