By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Are the First Five Games a Person Should buy with/after Wii U Purchase?

So I have been planning a purchase of a Wii U with the release of Xenoblade Chronicles X. My problem is that there is a huge backlog of games that I want. So I've been trying to prioritize which games I should buy with the console (I am planning to get five with the console + a bundled game - XBC:X.) This made me think of a thread idea. Assuming money isn't an issue and that the prices likely won't drop anytime soon (which is likely with Nintendo games) what are the first five Wii U games you'd recommend someone get with a purchase or after their purchase? 

I am thinking these are the five games (six if we include XCX bundled) I will probably get:

Xenoblade Chronicles X (bundled with console)

1. Windwaker HD

2. Super Mario 3D World

3. Splatoon

4. Bayonetta 2

5. Pikmin 3

(Other games I want, but I'll wait to get after I finish these: Super Smash Bros U, Mario Kart 8, DKC: TF, Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World, The Wonderful 101, Fatal Frame V and MH3: Ultimate. This doesn't include games that will probably release after I get a Wii U - like LoZ:U, Revelations#FE, and Star Fox.) 

Around the Network

Bayonetta 1+2
Super Mario 3D World
Wonderful 101
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8

Those are the top five on the system for me

Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Super Mario 3D World
Bayonetta 2
Wind Waker HD

Though when XCX comes out, I'd replace WWHD with that, since that isn't a remaster.

Splatoon
MK8
Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3
Bayonetta 1 + 2

(?)

Smash wii u
Mario kart 8
Super mario 3d world
Bayonetta 2
Pikmin 3

May replace pikmin 3 with xenoblade x depending on how the game is

Around the Network

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY TROPICAL FREEZE!!! why is no one ever mentioning this?? its my fave Wii u game so far

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Super Smash Bros
3. Super Mario 3D World
4. Hyrule Warriors
5. Bayonetta 2

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Mario Kart 8
Splatoon
Bayonetta 2
Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World

Smash and Pikmin 3 are bubbling under the top 5 for me.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Mario Kart 8
Splatoon
Super Mario 3D World
Bayonetta 1/2
Wind Waker HD (If you didn't play the original)/ Pikmin 3 (If you've ever played WW)

There are a lot more, but with these games you cover a wide variety of genres and all of them are amazing games ;)

Oh that's hard - 5 are hard!

So hard so I will make two lists...

For replay value:

Mario Kart 8
Super Smash
New Super Mario Bros U
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors

For best games
Super Mario 3D World
Yoshi Wolly World (the biggest surprise for me)
Splatoon
Zelda Wind Waker
Pikmin 3

Switch!!!