By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Mario Maker Thread - Mario Maker for 3DS has been released?! Ok...

Are you excited for the new update

Yes 16 88.89%

No 2 11.11%

Total:18
Mike321 said:
Congrats Samus, you put a lot of work in your levels.

I'm finally starting to make another level, it's been a while but I needed some time to think about what I was going to do, and I decided to make another long, challenging puzzle level. I just can't do other type of level (except auto-play, but those aren't popular anymore). Thanks to the password system I don't have to worry about how long the level is. I shared my first level with password to some random players and managed to figure out how the password system works.

Svennoj I'll check your levels, you are very close to 150 stars so I'll help you

Thanks! Could you play my ghost house level? It only needs one more star for 10 stars. :p

And clear it in one try, the clear rate needs to go up. xD

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Thanks! Could you play my ghost house level? It only needs one more star for 10 stars. :p

Done, I beat it in 3 tries.

Mike321 said:
Samus Aran said:

I wonder, what is it that gives people trouble in this level? Do you guys not get the fire flowers at the top of the mansion? :p

Although you're 3 times better than the average player!

Samus Aran said:
Mike321 said:
Samus Aran said:

I wonder, what is it that gives people trouble in this level? Do you guys not get the fire flowers at the top of the mansion? :p

It´s not a hard level, first two deaths were silly mistakes, the third time I went to the top, I got the fireflower and from there it was easy. My theory is that most players are either little kids or dumb. My super mario kart level has a 26% clear rate and the only thing people have to do is run (I even put in the title "just run")

Samus Aran said:

I could be partly to blame :/ When I was doing your challenge I hit start over as soon as I lost the helmet or fire flower... Not sure if that counts as a death, probably does. That's only the crosses in the tunnel before last though. Also does it count if the same player finishes it multiple times? The stats are so slow to update I can never tell. I did walk to the finish line plenty times when losing the helmet in the last tunnel.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Samus Aran said:

I could be partly to blame :/ When I was doing your challenge I hit start over as soon as I lost the helmet or fire flower... Not sure if that counts as a death, probably does. That's only the crosses in the tunnel before last though. Also does it count if the same player finishes it multiple times? The stats are so slow to update I can never tell. I did walk to the finish line plenty times when losing the helmet in the last tunnel.

That's alright. :p

Couldn't figure out the puzzles behind your puzzle mansion 2. I'll try again later.

SvennoJ said:

When you lose an item near a door (like the helmet in samus level) just leave and enter the area and the item appears again. Doors are cool because they reset some stuff once you exit and enter them

Damn Svenno your puzzled mansion part 2 it´s very tricky but I like it, those pipes gave me a headache, but the way you used the coins as clues was really smart. Took me some time to realized what to do after the second puzzle and I almost ran out of time but I did it.

D068-0000-00B4-371E

I uploaded this level recently.  Didn't have much time to play games lately, but I managed to make this real quick.  For this level, I was inspired by the World 7 SMB3 Fortress level (know which one I'm talking about?)

edit: I also know it's difficult, but I can't help myself in making levels like this.  I'm trying to be creative at the same time, and this is the result.

Mike321 said:
SvennoJ said:

When you lose an item near a door (like the helmet in samus level) just leave and enter the area and the item appears again. Doors are cool because they reset some stuff once you exit and enter them

Yeah I know, it was faster to rush through the beginning than go back :) Plus the fire flowers don't reset.
I use doors all over to reset puzzles. The hard part is getting stuff not to reset when making a puzzle. Items (you lost) already reset a few blocks off screen, you don't need a door. Although you can use doors for item duping in some cases. Take one with you through a door and go back for a second copy. Works with helmets, one on your head and one in your hand from a single one laying on the floor.