By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - We're Back (Update #8)! Coney & Blue's Excellent Adventure: Final Fantasy IX! Come Play Along!

Tagged games:

LuckyTrouble said:
I've never liked using Quina. I guess her enemy skills can be useful, but I just couldn't be bothered to spend the time working on her.

When I played this before, I never bothered with Quina. This time, I ate one creature and saw the skill I got.

Might Guard    64 MP

Casts Shell and Protect on all party members.

After that, I figured why not play around with eating some more creatures.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
LuckyTrouble said:
I've never liked using Quina. I guess her enemy skills can be useful, but I just couldn't be bothered to spend the time working on her.

When I played this before, I never bothered with Quina. This time, I ate one creature and saw the skill I got.

Might Guard    64 MP

Who did you eat to get that one out of interest? 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Aeolus451 said:
Just got Quina and I've been getting it to eat monsters around the chocobo's forest for their skills. Seems like a good area to level up with a healing spring at the south gate.. Might stay here for a bit.

Yeah I quite liked that area. Got fed up of trying to learn Quina attacks though, got 4 or 5 I think and thought that'd do. Couldn't get into the Chocobo's Forest though frustratingly. Might have to check it out again!

Ofcourse, if you're Blue and you just sprint through these areas you wouldn't notice anyway.

I would never do such a thing! I always stop to smell the roses.

There's a Chocobo's Forest?!

Leadified said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah I quite liked that area. Got fed up of trying to learn Quina attacks though, got 4 or 5 I think and thought that'd do. Couldn't get into the Chocobo's Forest though frustratingly. Might have to check it out again!

Ofcourse, if you're Blue and you just sprint through these areas you wouldn't notice anyway.

I would never do such a thing! I always stop to smell the roses.

There's a Chocobo's Forest?!

Ha! You can't fool me so easily. I have it written down in our call log!

"Oh wow, giant chocobo!"

Nothing slips past me. Try again.

Conegamer said:
Aeolus451 said:

Might Guard    64 MP

Serpion. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Conegamer said:

Serpion. 

I've honestly never seen him before. Gonna have to explore a bit more tomorrow it seems!

Conegamer said:
Aeolus451 said:

Serpion. 

I've honestly never seen him before. Gonna have to explore a bit more tomorrow it seems!

There's also Vice which gives Quina Vanish if he eats it.

Both of those spawn near chocobo's forest.

Well, right when I went to start the game on my Vita, I saw my battery was half empty. I plug in my charger, give the cord a slight tug, and I feel frayed wire. I check, my Vita isn't charging, and the cable has wires poking out the sides. I guess this is going on hold.

LuckyTrouble said:
Well, right when I went to start the game on my Vita, I saw my battery was half empty. I plug in my charger, give the cord a slight tug, and I feel frayed wire. I check, my Vita isn't charging, and the cable has wires poking out the sides. I guess this is going on hold.

That sucks. Gonna buy a new cord?

Aeolus451 said:
LuckyTrouble said:

That sucks. Gonna buy a new cord?

I tossed $18 at an Amazon seller to get it early next week. This is one time where I wish I had the 2k model so that I could just use my super long phone charging cable instead.