By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - We're Back (Update #8)! Coney & Blue's Excellent Adventure: Final Fantasy IX! Come Play Along!

Tagged games:

LuckyTrouble said:
I feel so much peer pressure to start a new game of FFIX. You could turn coal into diamonds with all this pressure. :p

Nah, you're just making it up. You'd feel so much better if you were just playing the game, you know...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Just got Quina and I've been getting it to eat monsters around the chocobo's forest for their skills. Seems like a good area to level up with a healing spring at the south gate.. Might stay here for a bit.

Aeolus451 said:
Just got Quina and I've been getting it to eat monsters around the chocobo's forest for their skills. Seems like a good area to level up with a healing spring at the south gate.. Might stay here for a bit.

Yeah I quite liked that area. Got fed up of trying to learn Quina attacks though, got 4 or 5 I think and thought that'd do. Couldn't get into the Chocobo's Forest though frustratingly. Might have to check it out again!

Ofcourse, if you're Blue and you just sprint through these areas you wouldn't notice anyway.

Conegamer said:
Aeolus451 said:

Yeah I quite liked that area. Got fed up of trying to learn Quina attacks though, got 4 or 5 I think and thought that'd do. Couldn't get into the Chocobo's Forest though frustratingly. Might have to check it out again!

Ofcourse, if you're Blue and you just sprint through these areas you wouldn't notice anyway.

The hardest ones so far to eat have been the human looking one that's really weak (had to use vivi's attack to weaken it until the point I could eat it) and ironite (looks like a pink dragon) that hits kinda hard. 

I've never liked using Quina. I guess her enemy skills can be useful, but I just couldn't be bothered to spend the time working on her.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Conegamer said:

The hardest ones so far to eat have been the human looking one that's really weak (had to use vivi's attack to weaken it until the point I could eat it) and ironite (looks like a pink dragon) that hits kinda hard. 

Well with the dragon I've only seen the one and I killed it by mistake

Can't remember the human looking one though. Have you come across the clown yet? It was just outside the grotto.

LuckyTrouble said:
I've never liked using Quina. I guess her enemy skills can be useful, but I just couldn't be bothered to spend the time working on her.

To be honest, when you have a team of only four you need to make the best use of everyone in it. At least at this point.

I just fear that Steiner and Garnet will be drastically underlevelled if/when everyone gets back together...hope that isn't the case.

Conegamer said:
LuckyTrouble said:

To be honest, when you have a team of only four you need to make the best use of everyone in it. At least at this point.

I just fear that Steiner and Garnet will be drastically underlevelled if/when everyone gets back together...hope that isn't the case.

IIRC, their parts are worked out well enough that they aren't significantly underleveled once the whole party comes back together. You'll probably have to do some skill grinding with Steiner especially, but it's a small price to pay for a very useful party member.

Conegamer said:
Aeolus451 said:

Well with the dragon I've only seen the one and I killed it by mistake

Can't remember the human looking one though. Have you come across the clown yet? It was just outside the grotto.

hmm. I haven't seen the clown yet. i haven't been by the grotto much.

LuckyTrouble said:
Conegamer said:
LuckyTrouble said:

IIRC, their parts are worked out well enough that they aren't significantly underleveled once the whole party comes back together. You'll probably have to do some skill grinding with Steiner especially, but it's a small price to pay for a very useful party member.

That's good to hear. This game definitely seems to have more scope and ambition than FFVII and VIII (VIII in particular) which is good to see. Lots of wasted potential there despite it being a great game.

Can't wait to really sink my teeth into it tomorrow!