By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR] PS4 firmware update 3.0 details leak (and it's mainly social crap)

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/ps4-system-software-update-3-00-details-leaked

List of "improvements":

Main Points

• [Events] has been added to the main menu. From a PlayStation-related events list, you can now discover, participate, and view events.
  • [Community] has been added to the [Friends] menu. [Community] is a feature that lets you find close players with similar preferences and interests. You can create a new community or join a previously established community. Through the community, you can get into games and parties, and discuss common interests.
  • In [Now Playing], users will see a list of what users are playing, and from that list can easily start a game or form a party. You can also request to view a user’s gameplay. [Now Playing] has been added to What’s New, [Friends], [Community], and [Messages].
  • [Messages] have been improved. You can view the [Now Playing] of other users, as well as easily start a party. Additionally, you can also add favorite groups to your favorites list.
  • It is now possible to broadcast using YouTube.
  • It is now possible to upload video clips to Twitter. (10 seconds maximum.)

• [Live from PlayStation] has been improved. Not only does it support broadcasts, it now supports video clips and screenshots.

Settings

• In [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Automatic Scroll Speed] it is now possible to change the speed of automatic scrolling.
  • In [Settings] > [Notifications], “Community Items,” “Gameplay Viewing Requests,” “Events,” and “Current Song” have been added.

Miscellaneous

• You can now comment on What’s New activity feed items.
  • [Stamps] have been added to [Messages], allowing for more enjoyable communication with friends.
  • [PlayStation Plus] has been added to the main menu. Here, you can get the latest information on the Instant Game Collection and member discounts.
  • The Blu-ray Disc/DVD player now supports accessibility features. The scope of other accessibility features have been improved.
  • You can now set game start-up restrictions while viewing its age information and rating icon.
  • You can now create a child’s use sub-account from the user selection screen by selecting [New User].
  • From [Settings] > [Parental Control], you can now set a service to block harmful websites from being displayed. (There is a separate fee to use this service.)

Hopefully that's not all, because all this is really underwhelming to me. Just a ton of new crap cluttering the UI.

Around the Network

Please give us the ability to use an external hard drive. :)

Community sounds awesome. I can finally find Street Fighter players.

You know all those small, little features you want such as "[username] is Online" notifications and being able to set your screenshots as background? You're not getting them WHAHAHAHAHA
Seriously Sony, pull your head out of your ass please and listen to PS4 users. The PS4 is almost 2 years old and the most basic features we've been asking for since day 1 still aren't there, it's absolute ridiculous!

not the most exciting list ever but still some pretty good stuff in there.

Around the Network

Whats up with the hate against Sony? MS is getting constantly hailed if they do updates like these, Sony made much more significant updates like zooming feature everywhere, changing button layout at any time and turning your console into sleep mode all came in march or something when Bloodborne came out which i remember, so you got your update allready. 2 of these features MS is lacking.

Ruler said:
Whats up with the hate against Sony? MS is getting constantly hailed if they do updates like these, Sony made much more significant updates like zooming feature everywhere, changing button layout at any time and turning your console into sleep mode. 2 of these features MS is lacking

Why do I care what XOne is lacking? I care what PS4 is lacking, and it certainly isn't more ways to get on Facebook and Twitter.

Ruler said:

Whats up with the hate against Sony? MS is getting constantly hailed if they do updates like these, Sony made much more significant updates like zooming feature everywhere, changing button layout at any time and turning your console into sleep mode all came in march or something when Bloodborne came out which i remember, so you got your update allready. 2 of these features MS is lacking.

Because Sony isn't listening to the community. No "[username] is Online" notifications, we still can't set out screenshots as background, we still can't show Offline, we still can't change our PSN name, we're still stuck with 1GB Cloud Storage for each platform, still no folders, still no notifications for Party chat, still no .png screenshots, still can't buy avatars, still no uncompressed/high quality video uploads. It's a shit show!

But hey, I guess we can stream to YouTube and we can upload low quality, 10 second videos to Twitter!

I honestly don't think they would make a completely new numbered version without some sort of major draw like share play was for 2.0.

My suspicion is they are purposely not including certain features so that they can include them for major updates. So I am doubtful that this leak includes the full extent of the new features, if it's accurate at all.

Burek said:
Ruler said:
Whats up with the hate against Sony? MS is getting constantly hailed if they do updates like these, Sony made much more significant updates like zooming feature everywhere, changing button layout at any time and turning your console into sleep mode. 2 of these features MS is lacking

Why do I care what XOne is lacking? I care what PS4 is lacking, and it certainly isn't more ways to get on Facebook and Twitter.

i named 3 main features that Sony gave near March, i havent seen a thread from the same people saying yeah Sony did a good Job. That Update near March was so segnificant, i could change the button layout in Bloodborne and switch O and R1 button so i could run all the time and move the camera at the same time.

The Zooming feature is one of the greatest things as it helps to read sometimes bad devoloped Text who often times are programmed with PC monitors in mind by these lazy PC devolopers like CD project. And the sleep mode, i dont even know how they did this.