By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Realistically what exactly remasters could Sony bring to PS4

Ka-pi96 said:
Porcupine_I said:
They should make remasters of PS3 classics like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

So... remaster a remaster?

Why not? They are already remastering The Last Guardian and that game hasn't even come out.

..also i wasn't entirely serious with my post

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Porcupine_I said:
They should make remasters of PS3 classics like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

So... remaster a remaster?

*looks at Final Fantasy X*

As for what I'd like to see, I'm not entirely sure. Realistically, they've hit most of what's worth seeing from the PS3 days, although a Ratchet & Clank: Future trilogy, as previously mentioned, wouldn't be so bad. Anybody expecting PS1 remasters though, as I saw Crash mentioned, licensing issues upwards of two decades later aside, do remember that they're PS1 games. It will take a hell of a lot more than refining already decently detailed 3D character models and environments. They will basically have to remake the games to justify re-releasing them at all. I mean, FFVII HD isn't exactly the pinnacle of noteworthy HD remasters, and I'd rather just have the PS1 classics available than deal with lazy remastering like that.

Enslaved !!!

A HD remastered of Shemue 1 and 2 would be nice I want to see what the fuss is all about plus I really like its soundtrack. Some classic ps2 rpg's would be cool as well.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Would love for pupeteer to get another shot at the lime light, it really should have been a laucnh title in place of Knack.

ICO+SOTC makes a lot of sense.

I really don't care for anything else though. Heavenly Sword would be cool for me personally but the game itself probably isn't worth the effort, I just want a sequel

Around the Network

Gravity Rush, I forgot about that... I think it'll be announced at TGS for this holiday. Gravity Rush 2 will follow in 2016

Based on what Sucker Punch is working on I could see an inFAMOUS collection with the 3 PS3 games.

I think the optimal thing to do is to bring back old PS2 games that perhaps some people in this generation haven't played, but it will probably be last-gen games.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

I'd go with Ico & Shadow of the Colossus as well (they are must play games for anyone who missed them), then Demon's Souls. Hopefully with some extra content for the latter. Plus all FF games for PlayStation still missing. FF XII is a no brainer, FF VIII and FF IX remastered would be interesting. I know it's up to SE but the new management seems promising.

b00moscone said:
I think the optimal thing to do is to bring back old PS2 games that perhaps some people in this generation haven't played, but it will probably be last-gen games.

I think Sony will offer PS1/PS2 games digitally in some point, same like we have them for PS3.