By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Get a 40-Inch 1080p TV With New Xbox One for $500

Miyamotoo said:
WoW!

Xbox One for 70$ :) whats not to like? fantastic offer if you need a TV as well.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
0815user said:
could be better the deal. could be a sony tv.

40" Sony TV + PS4 for 500$  sold!

Where is the counter offer sony? where?

just said the deal could have been better if microsoft would've bundled a sony tv instead of a samsung because sony makes games and samsung doesn't. comment was ment to be a "microsoft indirectly supporting sony games"-joke. 

JRPGfan said:
Miyamotoo said:
WoW!

Xbox One for 70$ :) whats not to like? fantastic offer if you need a TV as well.

No, WoW in positive sense, I would buy that even I don't need another TV and really don't need Xbox One. :)

But I am in Europe..

That's not a bad TV either. Wonder what kind of deal MS and Samsung struck with BB for this.

sabvre42 said:
I remember in like 2008 when I got a FREE Xbox 360 with the purchase of my $700-800 laptop.

This is kind of the same situation. Microsoft is probably paying samsung $250-300 per TV in this bundle. Its not really that bad a deal for them as i'm guessing its the plain Xbox One meaning they are selling the XB1 at ~ $200-300. Which is reasonably around where they are at right now ($350 - Game and other throw ins).

nah. that is not how this works
this tv is just a random 40 inch tv with decent reviews. this thing does not sell like gangbusters by itself. so why should microsoft put a xb1 for free in that deal

samsung will pay a 50 - 150 $ cut on this bundle
microsoft will pay a 50 - 150$ cut on this bundle
bestbuy will pay a 50 - 200$ cut on this bundle

best buys cut will also heavily depend on theire inventory and if they want to get rid of unwanted stock, or if this is mainly an manufacturer promotion ;)
p.s don't take my numbers as super accurate or real. they are just to show how this kind of deals work.

Around the Network
0815user said:

Dude, Sony USED to make the best TV's and did for decades, but since around 2008 or so Samsung has made better TV with a better reliabity record.  It's why Sony is selling off it's TV business.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
0815user said:

Dude, Sony USED to make the best TV's and did for decades, but since around 2008 or so Samsung has made better TV with a better reliabity record.  It's why Sony is selling off it's TV business.

selling off??? 2015 4k bravia line says no i guess...

0815user said:
Zappykins said:

Really not sure if you are kidding or just out of touch.  Yes, Sony sold off it's PC deivions a while ago and has been looking to do the same for TV.  They haven't made any money off TV in a decade and recntly Samsung paid them nearly a billion on their join LCD venture.

"After years of losses, Sony now aims to lift operating profit to Yen500 billion ($4.2 billion) in three years. It expects to eke out an operating profit in the year ending in March, with the TV business turning to the black for the first time in a decade.

Mr. Hirai said Wednesday that he envisioned spinoffs of other units. He also said the company would consider a sale of the TV unit or the company's struggling smartphone business, though he said nothing was currently in the works.

"I think we have to keep those possibilities in mind," he said."

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2015/02/18/sony-to-spin-off-its-audio-and-video-business/

Just this week they reject an offer on Sony Pictures.  George Clooney helped bail them out.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

They'll get their money back in AA battery sales.

Zappykins said:
0815user said:

Really not sure if you are kidding or just out of touch.  Yes, Sony sold off it's PC deivions a while ago and has been looking to do the same for TV.  They haven't made any money off TV in a decade and recntly Samsung paid them nearly a billion on their join LCD venture.

"After years of losses, Sony now aims to lift operating profit to Yen500 billion ($4.2 billion) in three years. It expects to eke out an operating profit in the year ending in March, with the TV business turning to the black for the first time in a decade.

Mr. Hirai said Wednesday that he envisioned spinoffs of other units. He also said the company would consider a sale of the TV unit or the company's struggling smartphone business, though he said nothing was currently in the works.

"I think we have to keep those possibilities in mind," he said."

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2015/02/18/sony-to-spin-off-its-audio-and-video-business/

Just this week they reject an offer on Sony Pictures.  George Clooney helped bail them out.

sure, believe just anything someone writes on the internet if it makes you happy. i prefer to believe what i see in stores and next to my ps4. 

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/sony-2015-4k-uhd-tv-android-tv/