By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon is a very serious contender for my game of generation so far

Miyamotoo said:
vivster said:

Just wanted to tell you that Rocket League is more uniquer and funner and and adictiver and even more differenter from other experiences than Splatoon.
So Splatoon isn't even close to a contender for GOTG. Unless the contender list is 200 games long.

OK, that's your opinion.

Yes, an opinion which you specifically asked people for in the OP, if you want it to be a splatoon circle jerk just say so.

Around the Network

On wii U maybe but compaired to all the other games on all consoles lol no

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Boutros said:
It sure is the first experience of its kind on a Nintendo platform but for me it doesn't feel that different from many other experiences I've had on the PS3/360 and PC.

These are my actual thoughts on the issue. It's a neat game, but there are so many other games in the same market. Hard to not scoff at the "game of the generation" tag.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

LOL at the butthurt ponies and xtards that can't enjoy splatoon

Moderated - Leadified

Miyamotoo said:
Boutros said:
It sure is the first experience of its kind on a Nintendo platform but for me it doesn't feel that different from many other experiences I've had on the PS3/360 and PC.

Did you play game?

What Splatoon similar experiences exactly do you have, i played games on different platforms and I never didn't have similar experience.

The game isn't fundamentally different than any other third-person shooters really. Sure they don't involve painting the map but that's hardly what's good about Splatoon I think. Honestly if you liked Splatoon you should absolutely try Transformers: War for Cybertron or Fall of Cybertron.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Miyamotoo said:
Qwark said:
Yeah let´s call the game of the gen when the twins are just about warming up, at least have the decensy to await Uncharted 4, TLOU 2, Zelda U, Fallout 4, Halo 5 and actually the entire gen to call such a thing. Best game yet for me is Bloodborne, followed by Driveclub the gameplay is very addictive and it drives wonderful with wheel.

What exactly part of "For me Splatoon is a very serious contender for game of generation for now" you didnt understand!?

I fully understand your sentence I just think it is pointless to make if there is so much more coming, even Zelda U if you hate/don't like any games on the twins. If you said game of the year I culd understand that since your name isn't Miyamotoo because you love Sony or MS but are clearly a Nintendo fan, and let's face it Splatoon is their best game this year as Bloodborne's Sony's this year. But for the entire gen when so many nominees are coming is like calling the movie of the decade in 2024.

I have very big expectations of Zelda U, Zelda for me is most loved franchise ever, but Zelda U can give me only better Zelda experience than previous Zelda, but Splatoon gives me totally new experience that I can't compared to any other game.

But like I wrote, for me Splatoon is a very serious contender for game of generation for now.

Tachikoma said:
Miyamotoo said:

OK, that's your opinion.

Yes, an opinion which you specifically asked people for in the OP, if you want it to be a splatoon circle jerk just say so.

No, If you look at OP I asked opinion from people who played Splatoon, he clearly didn't played game.

No need for insults.

mariotgp said:

LOL at the butthurt ponies and xtards that can't enjoy splatoon

incoming ban, deserved too

Boutros said:
Miyamotoo said:
Boutros said:

Did you play game?

What Splatoon similar experiences exactly do you have, i played games on different platforms and I never didn't have similar experience.

The game isn't fundamentally different than any other third-person shooters really. Sure they don't involve painting the map but that's hardly what's good about Splatoon I think. Honestly if you liked Splatoon you should absolutely try Transformers: War for Cybertron or Fall of Cybertron.

It really is. What game have you played that has rollers, inkbrushes and buckets as weapons? Tower Control is also something I haven't seen a lot, the only thing I can think of is that one mode in TF2. Rainmaker on the other hand looks like an interesting take on Capture the Flag. Instead of going the generic route like CoD they at least try to give an interesting spin to their modes.

The abilty to change in a squid when you're in your own ink is also what makes Splatoon stand out from any other TPS. You can hide, climb on walls and move faster in it.

Boutros said:
Miyamotoo said:
Boutros said:

Did you play game?

You clerly didnt played Splatoon.

And yes its fundamentally different than any other third-person shooters, mechanic of game are totally different.

I don't understand what exactly Splatoon have with Transformers: War for Cybertron or Fall of Cybertron!?