By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Universal sets box office record in industry with $5.5 billion in 2015

AbbathTheGrim said:
Protendo said:
"How Jeb and the GOP Got Trumped" the most popular political article by far now...

This is over.

Wrong thread lol

What can I say! I'm distracted >.>

Around the Network

wait there is another movie about steve jobs coming out?

binary solo said:
Impressive. I cannot for the life of me understand $1.5 Bn for F&F7 or $570M for Fifty Shades. But you can't deny the achievement.

paul walker died. and the marketing division took advantage of that perfectly. never in my life have i seen one comment neither on the internet or in real life about anybody mentioning paul walker as one of their favorite actors, best actors, or anything of that sort. he dies and suddenly the whole world will "miss him". 

same thing happened with batman the dark night. the first batman made 370 million. the second one, heith ledger dies and it makes over a billion. death is the best marketing tool ever in the entertainment business. 

bananaking21 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeOxo7o9T8Q

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
bananaking21 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeOxo7o9T8Q

we just had a movie about steve jobs release 2 years ago. and it wasnt like it was a bad one either. this is the third movie about steve jobs thats releasing that i know of. this, Jobs and pirates of the silicon valey (which is a great movie, btw). 

i guess this just further proves my point above. death is the best marketing material in the entertainment industry. 

Around the Network

No wonder actors are so rich.

bananaking21 said:
binary solo said:
Impressive. I cannot for the life of me understand $1.5 Bn for F&F7 or $570M for Fifty Shades. But you can't deny the achievement.

paul walker died. and the marketing division took advantage of that perfectly. never in my life have i seen one comment neither on the internet or in real life about anybody mentioning paul walker as one of their favorite actors, best actors, or anything of that sort. he dies and suddenly the whole world will "miss him". 

same thing happened with batman the dark night. the first batman made 370 million. the second one, heith ledger dies and it makes over a billion. death is the best marketing tool ever in the entertainment business. 

Yeah but 1.5 frickin billion? 1 Billion OK, but 500 million more on top of that?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ka-pi96 said:
Cinema revenue seems to just keep getting better and better!

Inflation...

bananaking21 said:
binary solo said:

With the difference the first batman movie was pretty good and the sequel even better

bananaking21 said:
binary solo said:

It's not always the case, sometimes it drives people away because it makes them sad. How have the Robin Williams movies done in the almost year since he killed himself?

Also the Dark Knight Rises also made over a billion, so I think the Dark Knight would have done as well, heck having living actors to promote movies is also a help.Not to mention he had one or two more movies that didn't do as well after.

There are others as well.

OT, I wonder if they will be the first studio with 3 billion dollar movies in one year?