By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do Wii U owners feel disappointed?

Absolutely not. In fact I'm eternally grateful that Nintendo made Wii U. I would have quit gaming if it wasn't for Wii U. Not to mention the system has the greatest game ever conceived in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Around the Network

I also want to point out that the Gamecube was teases 2 years after the n64 Launched world wide. So.... can someone truly tell me the issue here?

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

No, I don't feel betrayed

160rmf said:
Well of course, Wii U is the less powerful (I don´t care), the one with less sales (that doesn´t affect me) and less 3rd party AAA games of the big 3 (Good point, but some of us have another console or a gaming PC and honestly, I think most of the AAA games today are just blockbuster bullshit). No one shoud feel satisfied owning this console. (Go and tell the people that has been playing tons of hours on games like MK8, SS4 and Splatoon that they should be unhappy about their console)

uran10 said:
I also want to point out that the Gamecube was teases 2 years after the n64 Launched world wide. So.... can someone truly tell me the issue here?

young people just had 1 gen in their gamerlifetime...

Around the Network

No, not at all. Not enough time and money for all the great games on the system. Only problem is third party support. Nintendo should has bought a western developers or two to help with that.

Gamecube had about 44 genuine releases (not including collection like Zelda). When everything will be said and done, WiiU will have approximately 34 games, so only 10 less than the gamecube, 7 less that the Snes and 5 less than the N64. We are talking about Nintendo published games (including first, second and exclusive third party where a team at Nintendo were overseing the project like Wonderful 101 or Lego city undercover)

So far, according to my calculations, the metacritic average for WiiU games is the same that for Gamecube at around 77% which is quite good!!

Goodnightmoon said:
160rmf said:
Well of course, Wii U is the less powerful (I don´t care), the one with less sales (that doesn´t affect me) and less 3rd party AAA games of the big 3 (Good point, but some of us have another console or a gaming PC and honestly, I think most of the AAA games today are just blockbuster bullshit). No one shoud feel satisfied owning this console. (Tell to the people that has been playing tons of hours on games like MK8, SS4 and Splatoon that they should be unhappy about their console)

Why 2 full years? Is 2015 not included for some reason?
Also Nintendo have yet to officially announce anything about the NX, all the info we know are rumours or reports from media asking Nintendo.

But to answer your question I definitely feel as if the NX will be out next year and while I wouldnt say I feel betrayed I am certainly disappointed in what Nintendo achieved/worked towards with the Wii U.

I definitely do enjoy my Wii U though. Would be perfect if it had same level of 3rd party support is all.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Nope. My Wii U is my favorite console I've ever owned. Certainly got my money's worth out of it already.

Systems I own: Switch, Wii U, Wii, N64, Retron 5 for my Ness, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy line games, Dreamcast, PS2, New 3DS.

Nope. Mistakes happen. Now, if they do not learn from these mistakes for their next round of hardware, then yes, I will be pissed. Still, I have gotten a lot of enjoyment and many great games out of my WiiU. 

To me, the PS3 was a huge, huge, huge backstep from the PS2; I liked probably 4 games on that system, in contrast to the 50+ on ps2, and got rid of it with no regrets, so this really is a matter that can be quite subjective. Makes me happy to see the ps4 fixing most of the ps3's problems. 

Hi