By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - ISIS executes 19 girls for refusing to have sex with fighters

MoHasanie said:

That is so sad and disgusting. And there are still people that support IS. Al Jazeera had a poll, and 81% of the respondents said they support IS!

...that seems hard to believe given the response by people and their governments in that region of the world on both the news and social media. Where did they conduct that poll?

Around the Network
beeje13 said:
Don't know what to say. Do these IS fighters honestly believe they are the good guys, fighting for their God?

That's what the anti-religeous types never seem to understand - at most religion is an excuse for things people do.  There is always a socio-economic reason for everything, including the crusades.  

Take some college courses people, people do things because they need or want to, and then they use religion as an excuse for themselves and others.  They aren't some army of God, they are angry sociopaths.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Johnw1104 said:
MoHasanie said:

That is so sad and disgusting. And there are still people that support IS. Al Jazeera had a poll, and 81% of the respondents said they support IS!

...that seems hard to believe given the response by people and their governments in that region of the world on both the news and social media. Where did they conduct that poll?

It was an online poll on Al Jazeera.net with 38,000 votes. 

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/05/aljazeera_online_poll_81_support_islamic_state.html

Al Jazeera is the largest Arab News organisation in the world. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Zuhyc said:
IMO, no boots on the ground is a mistake. I understand Obama's reluctance, but IS is a much bigger threat than Iraq ever was. It's a cancer that is growing. More and more people get brainwashed by these fanatics, all over the world. The sooner we can get rid of them, the better.

that's only a temporal solution which will result in the same shit happening again once you withdraw your troops

only local powers can provide a lasting solution, they have to be the ones winning this war

btw ISIS threat is heavily overstated, it's horrible what they do to local minorities, women, homosexuals and shiites, but that's all they can do, bully the weak that have no bigger power protecting them

Eddie_Raja said:
beeje13 said:
Don't know what to say. Do these IS fighters honestly believe they are the good guys, fighting for their God?

That's what the anti-religeous types never seem to understand - at most religion is an excuse for things people do.  There is always a socio-economic reason for everything, including the crusades.  

Take some college courses people, people do things because they need or want to, and then they use religion as an excuse for themselves and others.  They aren't some army of God, they are angry sociopaths.

I agree with your sentiment, people want to get things done and coopting religion is often a good way of doing it... We've seen terrible things can be achieved without religion whatsoever (Stalin/Mao etc)

The crusades, though, while having some benefits to the land owning dukes and kings (not many) who participated, were indeed primarily motivated by a desire to recapture the holy land for Christendom. It was the kick that got it moving and the glue that kept these disparate classes and cultures together. I'm not anti-revisionist history (I revise myself every time I study it) but I find people are so eager to rewrite history that they just flip it on its head and declare black is white. To fail to appreciate just how all encompassing faith was within the minds of the people of this time is to render any analysis of the Crusades fatally flawed from the start.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Johnw1104 said:

It was an online poll on Al Jazeera.net with 38,000 votes. 

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/05/aljazeera_online_poll_81_support_islamic_state.html

Al Jazeera is the largest Arab News organisation in the world. 

Yeah I saw that on Google, not one major network has reported on it for some reason. I can't fully trust it simply because it is online, but the results are indeed troubling.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Aeolus451 said:

I agree but we'll have to wait til a republican gets into office to take ISIS down. Obama's Airplane only strategy isn't really working. 

The republicans main priority is Iran. As Netanyahu said; "Iran is a bigger threat than ISIS".

It's actually funny because Iran is fighting ISIS. Oh and one more thing; ISIS wouldn't exist if USA (under the republicans) didn't invade Iraq. And the support West gave to the rebels in the Syrian Civil War were the seeds of the creation of ISIS.

Alot of countries over there are fighting ISIS (Not effectively) but that doesn't make them a friend by default. Iran is a different matter entirely. If the US stayed in Iraq as it should have, ISIS probably would of been stomped out or never become what it is now. 

Obama hands aren't clean when it comes to why ISIS is what it is today. Here's the biggest way.

What most people don’t know is that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (also known as Abu Dua) was once held by the US in Camp Bucca Iraq, but the Obama administration shut down the Bucca prison camp and released its prisoners, including Abu Dua in 2009. “Democracy Now” website reported this on the closing of Camp Bucca in 2009:

The US meanwhile has closed Camp Bucca, once its largest prison in Iraq. The Pentagon says it’s transferred Bucca’s remaining 180 prisoners to two jails near Baghdad. US Lieutenant Colonel Kenneth King said the prison’s closure comes as part of the US-Iraq security deal.  Lieutenant Colonel Kenneth King: “As a show of progress for the security agreement and moving forward the government of Iraq, we’re going to put the theater internment facility as a piece of history. And we’re going to — it will be history, and we’ll move forward from here and progress.

Their generated many questions about the real relationship between US administration and the ISIS, as many consider it a terrorist organization supported covertly by the US and its allies in ME region (especially Saudi Arabic and Turkey).

Read more: http://www.exposingtruth.com/isis-origins/#ixzz3i3HhexO8 

Not surprised really.

Just hope we don't get a European IS in the future, even though if we do it will probably be in like a hundred years and I'll be long dead so I suppose I shouldn’t be that concerned.

Despicable, I don't know what else I could say.

Those fuckers should die then straight to hell.