By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spencer warned us: Another Sony moneyhat (CoD e-sports)

both sony and microsoft money hat, thats just business

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I'm honestly surprised that anyone bothers to watch competitive CoD. There isn't a ton of money in it and there's tons of teams vying for what prizes are offered. Also, it's rather boring to watch cover and fire shooters played competitively. Competitive Halo is the epitome of boredom.

ofrm1 said:
I'm honestly surprised that anyone bothers to watch competitive CoD. There isn't a ton of money in it and there's tons of teams vying for what prizes are offered. Also, it's rather boring to watch cover and fire shooters played competitively. Competitive Halo is the epitome of boredom.

I watch for the entertainment, stay for the big plays, am awed by how well they communicate, etc.  I watch pro Dota2 a lot and enjoy it so much.  Pro CoD is different, just watch sometimes.  Love the 3v1 clutch on s&d and those types of things.  

ethomaz said:

There are a good numbers of "pros" using DS4 even on PC.

Good joke. Do you always make ridiculous statements to promote Sony and the PS4? Ain't nobody going to a competitive event for any FPS or MOBA with their DS4 in PC gaming unless they are dumb and want to get wrecked by KB&M players.

Sony offered more money than MS, seems pretty simple. Just like last gen MS offered more money.

Idk why this part would be surprising, why would eSports go on Xbone if the marketing deal is on PS4?

Around the Network

Sony learned from the masters.

Can't wait for these players to all be playing with third party controllers. There's not WAY these guys are playing with the PS4 analog sticks.

Libara said:
Only Sony can moneyhat, everyone else is evil for doing it.

I understand you're being sarcastic but it's sad that some people really do act like this. 

Jazz2K said:
This gen is full of 180 though... COD and moneyhats are great now...

Because according to some people when Sony does it it's a smart business move but when Microsoft does it it's because they're pure evil apparently.

I am unsure as to why some are still upset about this move as a whole. If anything, both Sony and Microsoft won in a sense. Microsoft got back Halo for the Halo World Championship, and Sony obtained Black Ops 3. Both are big franchises that have accumulated enormous followings. Gamers who have a particular interest in one and want to go pro will have a more streamlined option to achieve this goal. Ultimately, eSports (Major League Gaming specifically) won the grand prize due to the fact that now they have two big franchises at their disposal; further increasing not only the viewership of eSports, but the brand as a whole. Not only can the viewership increase, this also has a positive spin on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well; selling more hardware towards those who have an interest in going pro on that particular platform and in turn, giving Microsoft and Sony more profit; small still being a gain.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay