By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spencer warned us: Another Sony moneyhat (CoD e-sports)

GribbleGrunger said:
Snoopy said:

You mean the same company who bought Minecraft ip for 2 billion dollars or the same company that is getting bundle deals and exclusives for Fifa and Madden? Yeah, that makes total sense.

Fella, they're getting turned away because they're getting beaten soundly by Sony. Spencer has said this to try and spin a negative for MS fans to follow and sure enough, they follow.

Or maybe they want to focus on idk.... making AAA GAMES. So far Sony hasn't been doing a great job in that regard and in 2016 it looks like it will be a little better, but not much SF5, Uncharted 4, RC remake (I think). TLG or Horizion I can almost bet you one if not both games be delayed into 2017 (sony isn't 100% confident in TLG releasing in 2016).

Around the Network

If you want exclusive deal with high selling franchise, it's going to cost you. MS got Halo this year and deals for RotTR and fallout (I think) also COD is going to do fine for them anyway so there's really no need to throw more money around. This deal was a good move for Sony this year since they have weaker lineup for the holidays.

Snoopy said:

Or maybe they want to focus on idk.... making AAA GAMES. So far Sony hasn't been doing a great job in that regard and in 2016 it looks like it will be a little better, but not much SF5, Uncharted 4, RC remake (I think). TLG or Horizion I can almost bet you one if not both games be delayed into 2017 (sony isn't 100% confident in TLG releasing in 2016).

Yep, you really need to step outside of that Spencer bubble and smell the fresh air.  It's a pity that the list wars are clearly going to continue next year and once again certain people are going to end up looking silly. Why do you do this to yourselves? At least we've moved from 'wait until Christmas' to 'wait until next year', although I wonder how long it will be in 2016 that it returns to 'wait until Christmas' again.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Snoopy said:

Yep, you really need to step outside of that Spencer bubble and smell the fresh air.  It's a pity that the list wars are clearly going to continue next year and once again certain people are going to end up looking silly. Why do you do this to yourselves?

You mean the list of ps3 remaster games or re releases like bastion? Funny, Ill make sure to include the 100's of xbox 360 games coming out this November through backwards compatability. Greatness awaits.

Snoopy said:

You mean the list of ps3 remaster games or re releases like bastion? Funny, Ill make sure to include the 100's of xbox 360 games coming out this November through backwards compatability. Greatness awaits.

Dear oh dear. I'm not providing a list. I'll just wait for reality to hit.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Not surprised. I have played COD on both system and I found the same amount of bad and good players on both consoles. It's about skills.

GribbleGrunger said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Sony offered more money than MS, seems pretty simple. Just like last gen MS offered more money.

Idk why this part would be surprising, why would eSports go on Xbone if the marketing deal is on PS4?

Naaa, they offered them a bigger install base. People really need to stop listening to Spencer's spin. Developers know where the money is coming from this generation and it's not from Sony's bank account it's from gamer's preferences. The gap is getting bigger every single day, every single week, every single month and every single year. Activision have just got common sense. MS just can't afford to offset those losses anymore and so Spencer has decided to spin his way out of it.

And others should really stop pretending to know more about the market than the head of one of the console companies. Its entertaining to read, but your logic doesnt really hold water.

If its such a given that PS4 has a higher userbase and thus will get more sales, theres no reason for Actvision to not take a deal with MS and try to improve sales there. Its not as if the Xbox deal ever slowed down PS CoD sales. Its still the top selling franchise everywhere. 

Unless, of course, MS simply didnt make an offer, or made an offer that Sony simply outmatched. And no, a higher userbase isnt that offer.

Its hilarious reading these threads and seeing how hard it is for some to accept that Sony is spending a lot of money on all these deals.

FloatingWaffles said:
Libara said:
Only Sony can moneyhat, everyone else is evil for doing it.

I understand you're being sarcastic but it's sad that some people really do act like this. 

Fanboys are a plague to gaming, i've never seen a group of people so blindly devoted to a company, all groups are guilty, its just sad. I'm embarassed to share the same hobby as them. To me they arn't true gamers.

walsufnir said:
Aerys said:
This will have an even bigger effects on COD sales, it will show COD is only home of the constructor who paid for it

At least it's not paying to prevent a whole game to go an other platform

Exactly. But there is no company which didn't do it in the past so the "at least" targets no one.

There is only one company doing it this generation so the at least targets microsfot

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

why MS Phil Spencer tell all those crap... it seem he try to send the eye of the public somewhere else so they dont how desperate they are...! (i own both console but i always buy my game of PS4 unless it really exclusive and worth it!)