By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer: Sony buying third party games, all to do with money, not market share

DerNebel said:
Azzanation said:
So many of you have no business degrees. Look when your selling a product to someone, market share has nothing to do with it. 25m PS4s vs 13m XB1s means little. Both are recognised systems and some games sell bettern on consoles with less sales. If every PS4 gamer were to buy the same game then yes you have an argument however games sell a few million at best on either system.

Its all to do with money. XB1 still only has half the user base then the PS4 but look at all the exclusives coming out, if market share was the reason then XB1 would have no exclusives or timed exclusives.

The sad part is fanboys believe companies go with other companies because they love them. Money talks. Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall didn't release on Xbox because they love MS, they released because MS paid them. Just like PS exclusives. Sony pays them and that's there focus this gen.

Did you even read the OP? Spencer literally says that marketshare has no influence on the amount of money a platform holder has to pay for a third party exclusive or exclusive DLC. Anybody with a business degree can tell you that that's grade-A bullshit.

You don't a business degree to tell that this is grade-A bullshit

Around the Network
Libara said:
HollyGamer said:
Because Money no doubt, but Mostly market share, but SONY don't have a lot money unlike Microsoft, So it's impossible the money hated work the same with Microsoft.

SONY has Money, Market share, and brand recognition, and developer relationship, and human resource to help 3rd party publisher. While Microsoft maybe has Unlimited Money but the rest is just decent.

Microsoft is a more globally recognised brand than Sony and we know that MS has a devision of tech/geeks/developers whose sole purpose it is to go out and help companies develop games and get more out of the engine, I'd say that human resource to help 3rd party publishers trumps Sony's. Then again no one knows the full extent of each so its all guesses vailed as facts, typical VGC.

Well " Windows " Yes (i should have write it clearly ) but Xbox   definetly No and the rest of Microsoft electronic product is just decent, and as an electronic company SONY always recoginze around the world, from sound device, TV,  etc which is longer then Microsoft, Microsoft rarely make a good electronic device, maybe with their lumia (that also part of Nokia that they bhought ). and xbox and PC pheripheral like side winder is decent product.

HollyGamer said:
Libara said:
HollyGamer said:
Because Money no doubt, but Mostly market share, but SONY don't have a lot money unlike Microsoft, So it's impossible the money hated work the same with Microsoft.

SONY has Money, Market share, and brand recognition, and developer relationship, and human resource to help 3rd party publisher. While Microsoft maybe has Unlimited Money but the rest is just decent.

Microsoft is a more globally recognised brand than Sony and we know that MS has a devision of tech/geeks/developers whose sole purpose it is to go out and help companies develop games and get more out of the engine, I'd say that human resource to help 3rd party publishers trumps Sony's. Then again no one knows the full extent of each so its all guesses vailed as facts, typical VGC.

Well " Windows " Yes (i should have write it clearly ) but Xbox   definetly No and the rest of Microsoft electronic product is just decent, and as an electronic company SONY always recoginze around the world, from sound device, TV,  etc which is longer then Microsoft, Microsoft rarely make a good electronic device, maybe with their lumia (that also part of Nokia that they bhought ). and xbox and PC pheripheral like side winder is decent product.

That's an opinion, some love it and some hate it. They are clearly doing something right with their profits and sales.

Libara said:
HollyGamer said:
Libara said:
HollyGamer said:

That's an opinion, some love it and some hate it. They are clearly doing something right with their profits and sales.

Opinion based on historical sales , and world wide fact = FACT

Samus Aran said:

It is to a historian. Everything in life is relative.

Not really. Death is universal, and also part of life itself. You can be whoever or whatever you want: you'll die.

And in regards to the thread, damn Phil, you crazy my man.

Around the Network
Burek said:
Guys, I think that there was an error in translation. What Spencer really said was: "Pout! Pout! We have very few 1st party games, and it's getting more difficult to get 3rd party exclusives. But we have hundreds of billions dollars more than Sony. So obviously it's not about money, it's about Sony's covert Ninja assassins."

Best translation from spinglish to english I ever saw.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Phil would know, MS did that last gen which caused Sony to focus on 1st party and did Sony ever deliver.

Now the tables have turned, except Sony is getting 3rd party support along with their amazing 1st party line up they built last gen.

He just sounds like a whiner now because we all know marketshare plays a huge role.

Azzanation said:

EA's deal come with MS accepting EA Access and there good relationship with EA. EA are bascially using Xbox becasue Xbox supports EA, just like RotTR is timed. Help them, help you.

You are wrong.

EA Titanfall deal was about sales prediction before the announce of the consoles... they really beat in the wrong worse... something EA regreded after the launch of these consoles.

Azzanation said:
So many of you have no business degrees. Look when your selling a product to someone, market share has nothing to do with it. 25m PS4s vs 13m XB1s means little. Both are recognised systems and some games sell better even on consoles with less sales. If every PS4 gamer were to buy the same game then yes you have an argument however games sell a few million at best on either system.

Its all to do with money. XB1 still only has half the user base then the PS4 but look at all the exclusives coming out, if market share was the reason then XB1 would have no exclusives or timed exclusives.

The sad part is fanboys believe companies go with other companies because they love them. Money talks. Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall didn't release on Xbox because they love MS, they released because MS paid them. Just like PS exclusives. Sony pays them and that's there focus this gen.

because SONY is richer the Microsoft? is it?

Its only pr what he says

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS