By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Games: Current and Potential Rarities

Cobretti2 said:
Mbolibombo said:
Europe is a different market from the US and with some games having translations on the back which will make them more collectable and thus the price will rise.

Wonderful 101 - Still full price and cant be bought at very many locations
Monster Hunter - Same as above
New Super Luigi - Sold out, no where to be seen.
Bayonetta 2 - First Print.. Still availible commonly on Ebay but I am sure it will skyrocket in the future.
Teslagrad - Yup this is retail in Europe.

From strictly a collectors view of games which will be hard to followget by in the future there are a lot of weird games that no one actually bought that will be hard to come by.. Like Barbie, Cabelas Dangers Hunts 2013, Cocota Magic Circus 2 and a lot of games like that.

Luigi retailed here for $60AUD now they sell anywhere between 100-130 on the second hand market. Sometimes can pick it up cheaper if seller doesn't do his research.

I was dreading buying Luigi for ages since it never dropped in price, but my friend said how it was getting rare. So I decided to bite the bullet and buy it at JB for near full price....... I dont generally pay that much for games but luckily I did since not long after it became very, very scarce.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

Interesting thread, tagging

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Fatal Frame, and Rodea scream "to be rare", I'll get Fatal Frame day one if it gets a physical release.

Tekken has been up and down with the price, and so as Tank! Tank! Tank!

I need to get Pikmin 3 and Warriors Orochi :(
Thankfully I have LEGO City and Wii Sports Club though.
Not planning to get Wii Party U

Legend Of Kay Anniversary will be way harder to find I think...

I have Bayonetta 2, I plan to get Fatal Frame V, Rodea, and SMT x FE. No plans for Devil's Third.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

That The Walking Dead Wii U game is pretty rare in Europe and weird stuff like Jett Tailfin or Fit Music will be, too. Teslagrad is also physical in Europe. Oh, and those games with lightguns, but I don't know their names.

And yeah, Rodea and Devil's Third will bomb hard.

Pikmin 3 is normal in Europe, 35,99€ at amazon.de.

Around the Network

X will probably end up pretty rare, seeing as how chronicles was, and i'd also bet my money on the upcoming starfox U

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Paatar said:

Legend Of Kay Anniversary will be way harder to find I think..

Like most multiplatform games, Legend of Kay will probably be in the bargain bin pretty fast.

I'm sure most of these games can be found on the e shop if people want to play them. However if you are a collector of physical copies be prepared for high prices.

Pikmin 3 costs 35 eur in europe amazon. In every store its still 39.