By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think that No Man's Sky will fail.

I think the game will make back it's money for the developer pretty quickly, it's one of those games where you just sense it will do very well.

But... will it be a critical success, that is difficult to say right now. In the spectrum days you could get away with very little things to do in games like Elite but rely on the excitement from the players... my biggest concern with such a big environment is the lack of things to do after you have done the core elements. How much depth is there. Also I think the whole sentinels might get a bit of a pain in the butt when you just want to collect resources.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

It will crush people's expectations. While it is ambitious, its core gameplay is still "just" exploration. Everything beyond that will be rudimentary.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

There are many people that will help it to sucssed like minecraft

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I think it will be a big hit BUT I dont think it will live up to the hype that has been put out. I want to really like this game but I can see it possibly lacking focus and lacking having real rewarding and tangible goals. I hope I'm wrong in this.

Some people are going to love the game, some will get tired of it quickly, and others are going to be extremely disappointed. Some will blame "hype" without realizing how that explanation makes them look like brainless sheep.

Still, it's going to do very good numbers initially. Reception is likely going to be positive, at least until we have people getting bored and saying, "is that all there is to it?" I predict a great many people are going to buy the game without having a clue what it's about, which will lead to them complaining because they thought it was going to be the next Halo.

Around the Network

I don't think it will fail but it won't do that great either.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

ExplodingBlock said:
Not much context here. Will it fail in terms of sales? In terms of reviews/gameplay? When you say "Just like Minecraft", do you mean it is too similar to be successful? Or do you mean it will fail just like Minecraft? Which makes no sense

Did you just hear something going over your head?  Just curious

Lortsamler said:
I think it will succeed,but far from the level of Minecraft. It's two very different games,and i doubt NMS will have that broad appeal as Minecraft has. Personally i am looking forward to the game.

Pretty much this. Either way I'm hyped for this game ^^

Lol this is a trap.

I like the humor.

But legit, it will sell millions.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]