By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Teases Nintendo's "Big" Holiday Game Will Be Revealed At E3

shams said:
The casual titles are pretty obvious. The question is - what do 'Nintendo' consider a hardcore title?

Kid Icarus, Golden Sun RPG, some 3rd-party title (FF:CC?), Pikmin? Pokemon MMORPG?

Any game from Nintendo that isn't a minigame collection is a hardcore title, with the exception of Wario-Ware, which is a minigame collection that is a hardcore title.

Your question implies that you think a game like Pikmin or Pilot Wings isn't a "hardcore" game, in which case I would strongly disagree. Animal Crossing, Pikmin, PW, Icarus, Zelda, Mario, Brawl, Troid, Boom Blox, Kirby, these are all hardcore titles, and if they aren't, then I'm a casual, cause I love the hell out of them(dunno bout boomblox but I think I will, from gameplay footage) and don't care as much about Wii Sports(though I do recognize the genious of its design), Buzz, or Scene It.

What titles do you consider casual of those listed in this thread so far, cause if you meant what I think you mean, we're about to have a spirited debate?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

@ZenfoldorVGI i agree with everything you just said

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I would kill for a Pilotwings on the Wii. With the ability to take pictures and share them as we explore the crazy landscapes. And the damn ROCKETBELT BABY. And of course, Wii controls, and a huge island, if not a whole archipelago.

Imagine Endless Ocean if you had rocketbelts instead of scuba gear!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
It's just going to be another "Wii _____" mini-game.

I don't think Nintendo would actually focus on a real AAA.

Heh, man, that's not a very credible statement. I'll bet a three month ban it's not just a "Wii-____" minigame collection.

It might not be a "Wii____" game, but it will, without a doubt, be a mini-game. Open your eye's, Zen. Nintendo is no longer the company that thrived on quality gameplay and innovation.  Nintendo isn't interested in taking gaming to the next level anymore; that's now Sony's job, as they've pretty much passed down that responsibility. Nintendo is never, ever going to put their primary focus on AAA titles. Instead, their going to do what makes them money--focus on their cash-in mini-games--and you can't really get mad at them for it because they're a business. 

Nintendo is just like EA. Why would you expect something out of them? 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Seeing you say such things about Nintendo with the avatar you have is hurting my brain. I just want you to know that.

edit: and I also just have to disagree with you on that post.  Hey, I love Sony and they really have innovated in my eyes, but you can't say that Nintendo hasn't innovated as well.

Around the Network

@Riot Of The Blood other then the mario party series what are all these mimi game...games are you talking about? btw its third parties that make those mini gams NOT NINTENDO.

Riot Of The Blood said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
It's just going to be another "Wii _____" mini-game.

I don't think Nintendo would actually focus on a real AAA.

Heh, man, that's not a very credible statement. I'll bet a three month ban it's not just a "Wii-____" minigame collection.

It might not be a "Wii____" game, but it will, without a doubt, be a mini-game. Open your eye's, Zen. Nintendo is no longer the company that thrived on quality gameplay and innovation.  Nintendo isn't interested in taking gaming to the next level anymore; that's now Sony's job, as they've pretty much passed down that responsibility. Nintendo is never, ever going to put their primary focus on AAA titles. Instead, their going to do what makes them money--focus on their cash-in mini-games--and you can't really get mad at them for it because they're a business. 

Nintendo is just like EA. Why would you expect something out of them? 

Mario Galaxy, the highest-rated game of the last two generations, and the second-highest-rated ever, says hi.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Hehe! I like the Nintendo is just like EA comment, its so BS you gotta laugh! Sorry, Nintendo is consistantly producing games of high quality where as EA is consistantly producing games of...well some are quality...hehe...anyways, back on topic- I would love to see the return of a 'real' Donkey Kong game. That would be sweeeeeet!

I'm hoping for Pikmin, c'mon Nintendo it's been 4 years since we've had a new one. Maybe we will get some cool new ones like maybe wind or ice ones.

Pilotwings wii another cool wii game