By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Rocket League Videos and Stuff Thread

Best Car?

Takumi 5 50.00%

other 5 50.00%

Total:10

Rocket League has just received it’s first huge update. The update includes a brand new map called Utopia, Spectator mode, Vote to Forfeit, 3v3 Ranked Mode and a whole lot of new flags.

It also looks like the first stef for real cross platforming has been made.

It finally includes an option to play private matches against players on other platforms by way of username password(optional)!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Returning to the thread to post a clip and some patch notes!

Rocket League Patch Notes v1.05

Released: September 10, 2015 | 522 MB

THE HEADLINES

• Ranked Season 1 Officially begins
  • Added multiple Ranked Season Divisions with post-Season Division placement rewards
  • Added “Ranked Solo Standard” back to the Online match queue
  • Made multiple improvements and adjustments to the Utopia Coliseum arena
  • PC players can now filter PlayStation 4 players out of matchmaking search
  • Added Music Player interface to all menu screens
  • Added “Featured Video” to in-game blog roll
  • Added multiple “Spectate” mode improvements
  • Added 12 new Community Flags, 2 new Chivalry Flags, and 20+ new Country Flags
  • Repaired sound-related crash scenario that caused the game to crash on the loading screen after multiple matches

Reim's Notes: YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THE NOTES AT http://rocketleague.psyonix.com/patch-notes/ BUT I'M JUST INCLUDING WHAT I THINK IS COOL:

Ranked Season

• Season 1 has officially begun and all leaderboards have been reset
  • The “Solo Standard” 3v3 Ranked Playlist has been re-added
  • Season Rankings are now based on Rank Points (RP)
    • Rank Points are gained or lost based on Player skill rating, teammates’ skill, and the opponent’s skill (like the Pre-Season rating)
    • Rank Points change consistently throughout the Season unlike the Pre-Season skill rating, which changed less and less the more games that were played
    • Earning 100 RP will promote Players to the next Division, but dropping below 0 RP will demote them to the previous Division
    • The Player’s initial division is seeded based on their Pre-Season skill rating
  • Ranked Divisions are now separated into…
    • Unranked
    • Bronze I
    • Bronze II
    • Bronze III
    • Silver I
    • Silver II
    • Silver III
    • Gold I
    • Gold II
    • Gold III
    • Platinum (Top 100 Players)
  • Reaching Silver, Gold, or Platinum division rewards players with special reward items at the Season’s end
  • Note: Season 1 will last for the next several months. An end date will be announced several weeks in advance

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Just one trophy off platinum now and it's weird that I haven't automatically got it just by playing the game: the 100-0 boost trophy. I suppose during normal play you don;t tend to 100-0 your boost meter because you would probably drive more than the length of the arena doing it. Does refreshing your boost during your run by driving over a boost spot stop it from being counted?

Anyway, thanks to ReimTime for being my trophy buddy. What a weird game. Lag was aweful and I joined part way through the game. But at least the opposition never scored when I was in the game and our team did score (though not me). But still shows that you pretty much always have to play on your local sever.

RL's popularity on twitch seems to be dropping, so the curiosity factor has fallen off and now it's really only proper fans of the game who are watching it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Just one trophy off platinum now and it's weird that I haven't automatically got it just by playing the game: the 100-0 boost trophy. I suppose during normal play you don;t tend to 100-0 your boost meter because you would probably drive more than the length of the arena doing it. 1.Does refreshing your boost during your run by driving over a boost spot stop it from being counted?

2.Anyway, thanks to ReimTime for being my trophy buddy. What a weird game. Lag was aweful and I joined part way through the game. But at least the opposition never scored when I was in the game and our team did score (though not me). But still shows that you pretty much always have to play on your local sever.

3.RL's popularity on twitch seems to be dropping, so the curiosity factor has fallen off and now it's really only proper fans of the game who are watching it.

1. Yep it does. Your best bet is to just enter a 1v1 match against a rookie bot, fully fill your boost and fully empty it until you unlock the trophy.

2. No problem, glad to help. To be fair we were on a US West server I believe but yes the lag on other Continent's servers are terrible if you are an "immigrant" player

3. It's hard to say, really. The game just got picked up by MLG, and with this latest patch I think they are really catering to the competitive crowd. We are in our 3rd month I guess but according to Steamspy 700,000 players have played it in the past 2 weeks, and PS4 consistently gets 100,000 players at busy times, even now that the schoolyear has started.MLG has just started hosting weekly tournaments worth money and even rocket-league.com is hosting a monetized tourney so I guess we'll have to wait and see how those end up doing in terms of spectators.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Good to know that MLG has picked it up. The game deserves esports support and the top players deserve to be able to earn a decent bit of money for playing at the top level. I don't really enjoy watching the offical broadcasts because the arena camera placement and the whole bringing up the on screen wheel to switch between players is not that great. If they improve some of the spectator elements then it can certainly become an enjoyable game to watch as an esports spectator. In some ways it would be quite good for the "camera" man to be able to drive a ghost car, one that the players obviously can't see and obviously it doesn't interact with the game in any way, but which puts the camera at the ground level but not at the mercy of any given player.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Good to know that MLG has picked it up. The game deserves esports support and the top players deserve to be able to earn a decent bit of money for playing at the top level. I don't really enjoy watching the offical broadcasts because the arena camera placement and the whole bringing up the on screen wheel to switch between players is not that great. If they improve some of the spectator elements then it can certainly become an enjoyable game to watch as an esports spectator. In some ways it would be quite good for the "camera" man to be able to drive a ghost car, one that the players obviously can't see and obviously it doesn't interact with the game in any way, but which puts the camera at the ground level but not at the mercy of any given player.

So far Psyonix has done a very good job with implementing useful and thoughtful features each patch they release, so I do expect some more work to be done on MLG-type elements in the future.

@Vivster best car is a toss up between Octane and Takumi; but Dominus is a piece of trash

#1 Amb-ass-ador

In terms of cars, the ones I like least are the ones with a low profile. it also feels like the cars with short wheel bases are more manoeuvrable. Dunno how much of that is just perception though.

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
In terms of cars, the ones I like least are the ones with a low profile. it also feels like the cars with short wheel bases are more manoeuvrable. Dunno how much of that is just perception though.

Everything of that is just perception. All cars handle the same, accelerate the same, etc. Everything is the same, except for some miniscule differences in hitboxes, and the cosmetic difference of course.

The new solo standard is a joke. I don't know why but I have not had any good teammates for the past 5 games and my score keeps fucking plummeting

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ANd then after those 5 games this happens smh:

#1 Amb-ass-ador