By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
RolStoppable said:

The Cowboys had to play catch-up, the Falcons haven't had a good ground game in only-god-knows how many years. So a focus on pass plays in both cases.

But you said it, the Giants are garbage. And their offense isn't really any better than the Dolphins' or Rams', and both of those had a hard time scoring against the Redskins. I don't think the Redskins have a great defense, but they are good enough to stop middle of the pack offenses.

Well sure, you could look at it with logic and reason. Or you can ask yourself, do I really want Arakaign to be a prophet instead of a joke?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

Well sure, you could look at it with logic and reason. Or you can ask yourself, do I really want Arakaign to be a prophet instead of a joke?

Even if the Redskins win tonight, they will still need another six wins for the prophecy to come true. I am not worried.

But he'll be insufferable for ten days (thanks Thursday Night Football).

noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

Even if the Redskins win tonight, they will still need another six wins for the prophecy to come true. I am not worried.

But he'll be insufferable for ten days (thanks Thursday Night Football).

As a Cowboys fan, this makes me lol :)

I made the joke that the Redskins would win the East mainly on the complete dumpster fire status of the division :D It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, I think I gave 100-1 odds on it actually happening, but anything is possible. I wouldn't be mad at WAS or anything.

I probably would be insufferable if my insane joke prediction came through though. LOL. I should have put $1 on it preseason, that would probably pay like $100 or so.

Arkaign said:

As a Cowboys fan, this makes me lol :)

I made the joke that the Redskins would win the East mainly on the complete dumpster fire status of the division :D It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, I think I gave 100-1 odds on it actually happening, but anything is possible. I wouldn't be mad at WAS or anything.

I probably would be insufferable if my insane joke prediction came through though. LOL. I should have put $1 on it preseason, that would probably pay like $100 or so.

100:1 is STILL an offensive notion!! Especially since they're currently playing like the team we expected prior to the season.

True. That's why I picked NYG tonight. I feel they are just a desperate team right now that will be 11/10ths just to avoid 0-3. Historically NYG have been kryptonite to WAS as well, particularly Cousins, so history is with the Giants tonight.

WAS I feel is better than people expected at any level, but they're a team with new coaching and scheme in many respects along with rookies on hand asked to step up. I think they're on to 6-10ish realistically. Their run game will beat down a few weaker opponents, but they don't have the overall offensive firepower to compete against the late season challengers for the throne in the East in all sane reality.

Around the Network

I dunno. They will beat the Eagles at least once. Add in Tampa Bay, New Orleans, and the Bears, and that's 5 right there. One more upset, or taking out NYG@WAS, and that's six.

:D

Gruden is a god awful coach lol.

I'm sad the Giants got a touchdown earlier. Death by a Thousand Field Goals is the most appropriate way to wage this game.

noname2200 said:
I'm sad the Giants got a touchdown earlier. Death by a Thousand Field Goals is the most appropriate way to wage this game.

Agreed x10,000

Also to burn anyone who has OBJ on their fantasy league hahahaha.

WAS can run the ball with Jones. If they start trying to air it out exclusively, they're done for. They need to stick to the run even if they go 3 and out a couple of times.

Cousins is a dumpster fire.

Damn this is one boring game.