By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
DolPhanTendo said:
mornelithe said:

Well, to be fair, other than a few games in Wk2, the product the NFL put on the field sucked ass.  Not to mention refs making the game about them, and not about the players.  Way way too many flags.

Thank you for saying this, I have been noticing that as well so many flags are being thrown. Reminding of the NBA and officials control the tempo and some of the game. Makes you wonder whats going on

It's embarrassing, and it's even worse when they actually let them play in the playoffs, and everyone's like....wtf, where's the flags?  They condition us over an entire season to expect them, then let 'em play in the playoffs.  Seriously?  Dafuq?

Yeah, I'm tired of the refs myself.  It's not entirely their fault, it's the league forcing them to do it.  But, it's getting out of control.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Thank you for saying this, I have been noticing that as well so many flags are being thrown. Reminding of the NBA and officials control the tempo and some of the game. Makes you wonder whats going on

It's embarrassing, and it's even worse when they actually let them play in the playoffs, and everyone's like....wtf, where's the flags?  They condition us over an entire season to expect them, then let 'em play in the playoffs.  Seriously?  Dafuq?

Yeah, I'm tired of the refs myself.  It's not entirely their fault, it's the league forcing them to do it.  But, it's getting out of control.

What is now happening, which I thought it never would, is the flopping is now creeping it's ugly head into football(reason why I can't stand soccer). Vernon got caught when somebody flopped.  Miami v Jacksonville close to 30 flags combined plus a misplace spot to make the FG ry a 58 yarder instead of a 60 at the end of the half

DolPhanTendo said:
mornelithe said:

What is now happening, which I thought it never would, is the flopping is now creeping it's ugly head into football(reason why I can't stand soccer). Vernon got caught when somebody flopped.  Miami v Jacksonville close to 30 flags combined plus a misplace spot to make the FG ry a 58 yarder instead of a 60 at the end of the half

25 penalties accepted in Pats (11) vs Bills (14), more were called though, some were declined.  The flopping creep has been coming for a long time.  Teams have done it against extended uses of the hurry up offenses for years now.  Though, I think lately they've also been increasing the conditioning requirements.

mornelithe said:
DolPhanTendo said:

25 penalties accepted in Pats (11) vs Bills (14), more were called though, some were declined.  The flopping creep has been coming for a long time.  Teams have done it against extended uses of the hurry up offenses for years now.  Though, I think lately they've also been increasing the conditioning requirements.

That too Too much corporate money is now controlling the game. Bernard Pollard is right NFL will be dead in 10 years

I think Denver got blown out last time they played in Detroit, though that was with Tim Tebow at QB IIRC. This game worries me as a trap game, especially if Stafford sits out.

Around the Network
WAS-NYG 1 ATL-DAL 1 IND-TEN 1 OAK-CLE 1
CIN-BAL 1 JAC-NE 2 NO-CAR 2 PHI-NYJ 2
TB-HOU 2 SD-MIN 1 PIT-STL 1 SF-ARI 2
BUF-MIA 1 CHI-SEA 2 DEN-DET 1 KC-GB 2 by 7

So there are currently nine teams that are 0-2: Ravens, Texans, Colts, Giants, Eagles, Lions, Bears, Saints, and Seahawks. Statistically, 12% of teams who start 0-2 go on to reach the playoffs (although I believe that number has shrunk this milennium).

Question: which team(s) are going to squeak in? I gotta think it's going to be the Bears and Saints.

The Bears just had some addition by subtraction courtesy of Tony Jefferson, who is doubtless receiving mountains of flowers and chocolates courtesy of Chicago right now, and heavens knows much of the NFC is looking somewhat lifeless.

The Saints story is even more simple: Verizon informs us that Luke McKown is ready to take charge if only he's given a chance to shine, some marketer is probably kicking himself for picking Brees' backup right about now and the NFC South can be won with, like, five wins tops.

My logic is of course irrefutable, but I welcome any pleb who wishes to try. Well deserved plaudits are also permitted required of course.

WAS-NYG 1 ATL-DAL 1 IND-TEN 1 OAK-CLE 2
CIN-BAL 2 JAC-NE 2 NO-CAR 2 PHI-NYJ 2
TB-HOU 2 SD-MIN 1 PIT-STL 1 SF-ARI 2
BUF-MIA 1 CHI-SEA 2 DEN-DET 2 KC-GB 2 by 10

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

WAS-NYG 2
ATL-DAL 1 IND-TEN 1 OAK-CLE 2
CIN-BAL 1
JAC-NE 2 NO-CAR 2 PHI-NYJ 1
TB-HOU 2 SD-MIN 2 PIT-STL 1 SF-ARI 2
BUF-MIA 2 CHI-SEA 2 DEN-DET 1 KC-GB 2 by 6

WAS-NYG 2 ATL-DAL
IND-TEN   OAK-CLE  
CIN-BAL   JAC-NE   NO-CAR   PHI-NYJ  
TB-HOU   SD-MIN   PIT-STL   SF-ARI  
BUF-MIA   CHI-SEA   DEN-DET   KC-GB by X

Above & Beyond