By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
noname2200 said:
cheshirescat said:

Nope, after taking sacks and tackles for a loss into consideration the broncos only netted 194 yards of total offense.

Ah, that makes sense. I assume the Panthers were close to being under 200 yards too, right? I can't find the post-loss numbers for them.

They had 315 yards though they also had almost 20 more plays, while only possessing the ball for five more minutes.

On a small tangeant, and again, bias is talking here, but I'm still pissed about Steve Atwater not getting in the Hall, and talk that next year John Lynch will get in.  It's not that I don't like Lynch and think he shouldn't get in the Hall, but Atwater should get in first, and should quite frankly already be in.  Lynch is propped up by having played with better team mates, but Atwater came to an, at best, middling defense and his first year there they turned into a number one defense.

Their stats are almost identical, though Lynch played two more seasons and Atwater has way more overall tackles.  Lynch has one more probowl, they have the same number of all pro honors, and Atwater has one more super bowl under his belt and is on an all decade team, Lynch can't say that.  Not to mention that Lynch himself said that he was told to mold his style after Steve Atwater.  Then again the Hall doesn't seem to hold safety in high esteem for some reason, safeties have the hardest time getting into the hall outside of kickers and maybe true fullbacks.

Around the Network

This years Hall of Fame class is pretty good both Marvin Harrison and Kevin Greene should have been first ballot Hall of Famers. Also since Tony Dungy got in its pretty much guaranteed that Tom Coughlin will get in eventually also.

Chris Hu said:
noname2200 said:

Ah, that makes sense. I assume the Panthers were close to being under 200 yards too, right? I can't find the post-loss numbers for them.

No they got 315 total yards.

Thanks. Gotta say at times it sure didn't look like they were that productive, but in hindsight there were times when they'd get big chunks before stalling out.

Chris Hu said:
This years Hall of Fame class is pretty good both Marvin Harrison and Kevin Greene should have been first ballot Hall of Famers. Also since Tony Dungy got in its pretty much guaranteed that Tom Coughlin will get in eventually also.

The reason Harrison probably didn't get in first ballot is likely the same reason TO didn't get in, off field antics left a sour taste in voters mouths and they decided to make them wait it out a bit.  Kevin Greene was definitely great but he's held back by having not really played on many good teams, and the playoff games he didn play in he didn't make much of an impact.  And I'm going to say it one more time, Atwater should be in already.

demonfox13 said:
My halftime take. Looks like Vegas trying to make sure Denver wins. That was far from an incomplete and an obvious catch which even the commentators called. Cam all of a sudden has almost non existent pass protection and on of his RB can't block if his life depended on it smh. On an instigator note, perhaps they need the white clean-cut American guy to win over the black dabbing "thug" who knows. Back to Blade and Soul I go. I'll just see the end score.

Regarding the catch, it seemed pretty obvious to me that the ball had hit the ground on the nose as he rolled over, and then he continued to juggle it before finally securing it after that. Others around me thought I was crazy, and I was beginning to think it myself, then they ruled that the call stands. There's really just no point trying to understand what is or is not a catch in the NFL anymore. After that horse crap with Dez in the playoffs last season, who knows.

Regarding the race stuff, the NFL is full of tattoed "thug" black athletes. Cam just got his shit pushed in today. And of course pouted about it to the media before walking out. If anything he's doing more than a good enough job holding himself down, he doesn't need help from the NFL/Vegas.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
demonfox13 said:
My halftime take. Looks like Vegas trying to make sure Denver wins. That was far from an incomplete and an obvious catch which even the commentators called. Cam all of a sudden has almost non existent pass protection and on of his RB can't block if his life depended on it smh. On an instigator note, perhaps they need the white clean-cut American guy to win over the black dabbing "thug" who knows. Back to Blade and Soul I go. I'll just see the end score.

Regarding the catch, it seemed pretty obvious to me that the ball had hit the ground on the nose as he rolled over, and then he continued to juggle it before finally securing it after that. Others around me thought I was crazy, and I was beginning to think it myself, then they ruled that the call stands. There's really just no point trying to understand what is or is not a catch in the NFL anymore. After that horse crap with Dez in the playoffs last season, who knows.

Regarding the race stuff, the NFL is full of tattoed "thug" black athletes. Cam just got his shit pushed in today. And of course pouted about it to the media before walking out. If anything he's doing more than a good enough job holding himself down, he doesn't need help from the NFL/Vegas.

I can't even begin to fathom how so many people were screaming that was a catch.  Even with a tiny benefit of the doubt, given that the call on the field was incomplete I'd say there's nowhere near indisputable evidence to overturn that call.

I mean I know I am biased, said it over and over in this thread, but seriously, what are people seeing that I am not here?

As for the race baiting nonsense, a lot of Cam's comments through this whole super bowl journey is kind of disproven by the existence of Russel Wilson, but I guess he's considered too much of a "cornball brother" like RGIII or something.

cheshirescat said:
Chris Hu said:

The reason Harrison probably didn't get in first ballot is likely the same reason TO didn't get in, off field antics left a sour taste in voters mouths and they decided to make them wait it out a bit.  Kevin Greene was definitely great but he's held back by having not really played on many good teams, and the playoff games he didn play in he didn't make much of an impact.  And I'm going to say it one more time, Atwater should be in already.

Its going to be a while before Steve Atwater makes it in since he is currently not on the ballot.  My pick for player that should already be in is Larry Centers.  Lets hope both of our picks make it in while they are still alive they had two posthoumously inductions this year.

Yeah, I didn't see that one as a catch either the tip of the ball hit the field before he got total control of the ball.  The refs made the right call on that play.

The only sure fire first ballot hall of famer next year is LaDainian Tomlinson. One guy that might not ever get into the hall of fame due to his post career criminal behavior is Darren Sharper.  Also I don't think Terrel Owens will get in next year either I think both Hines Ward and Isaac Bruce have a better chance in getting in before Owens.

let say Denver!