By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Beyonce and Bruno Mars made halftime bearable to watch.

No, they didn't. Don't say such things when you didn't get paid to say them.

Well, I'm not saying it was great or anthing, but they were certainly more entertaining than Coldplay. 

Around the Network
demonfox13 said:
My halftime take. Looks like Vegas trying to make sure Denver wins. That was far from an incomplete and an obvious catch which even the commentators called. Cam all of a sudden has almost non existent pass protection and on of his RB can't block if his life depended on it smh. On an instigator note, perhaps they need the white clean-cut American guy to win over the black dabbing "thug" who knows. Back to Blade and Soul I go. I'll just see the end score.

I'm by no means a Denver fan, but maybe, just maybe, there's the possibility that their defense is actually really good? Instead of the NFL bribing the entire Carolina starting offensive line and running backs, maybe they've just got really good pass rushers, unlike either Seattle or Arizona.

Catch call was dumb, but the catch rule in the NFL has been cursed to be stupid ever since the Fail Mary.

First of all, I am not from USA ;)
I watched 1st half of Super Bowl today and I must say, WTF YOU GUYS SEE IN THIS SPORT?!!!!
It is so boring, full of breaks in game, literally no action and I could go on and on. I even enjoy watching baseball more than this.
I don't know whether or not it's mentality issue, but I find no fun watching it.

BTW. I am great fan of NBA and I love this league.

tivec said:
First of all, I am not from USA ;)
I watched 1st half of Super Bowl today and I must say, WTF YOU GUYS SEE IN THIS SPORT?!!!!
It is so boring, full of breaks in game, literally no action and I could go on and on. I even enjoy watching baseball more than this.
I don't know whether or not it's mentality issue, but I find no fun watching it.

BTW. I am great fan of NBA and I love this league.

I used to think that I hated to watch and play all sports.

Then I played and watched football.

I loved playing football and now I enjoy watching it. Basketball and Baseball are too boring for me to watch (I've tried several times for each sport). 

Around the Network

I'll try to give a serious answer myself.

For me, what makes football appealing is that possessions and scores are important without being too few and too far between. With basketball, scores come so frequently and are worth so few points that I find it difficult to be engaged until the fourth quarter. With soccer, scores are so infrequent that I simply find the game boring. If you don't score, your possession was essentially meaningless, and there are a lot of meaningless possessions in soccer. Sure, there's plenty more action in both, but it's large uninteresting, ultimately un-engaging action.

With football, there's much more of a balance. In most games, scores aren't rare by any means, but they are significant enough that each score notably tips the odds of winning in favor of the team that just scored. And even if you don't score, your possession can still be a meaningful one. Simply changing field possession is enough to make a major impact and perhaps keep the other team from scoring. There's an easily noticeable layer of strategy in football that I think goes deeper than most other sports; it doesn't simply deal with the current possession at hand, but also in determining the outlook of the rest of the game. You've got a fourth down and 2 on the 39; do you go for it, kick a field goal, or punt it? The decision you make doesn't affect whether you just score that drive, it also affects field position drastically if you miss it, which then drastically alters the likelihood of the other team scoring. That just doesn't exist at an easily appreciable level in in any other major sport that I've watched.

There is quite a bit of slowdown, but I'll take 20 or so combined minutes of all meaningful action compared with 90 minutes of people running around a field and then maybe 3 minutes of action that will actually determine the outcome.

I think Cam Newton deserves the first inaugural Most Degrading to his Own Team Player for that pathetic effort to recover his fumble. FFS, dude, you're in the Super Bowl. You've gotta dive for that.

There's the dagger.

If only Dallas would fix their defense, we haven't had a good defense in so long (which would probably explain why we haven't been to a SB in 20 years )

NobleTeam360 said:
demonfox13 said:
My halftime take. Looks like Vegas trying to make sure Denver wins. That was far from an incomplete and an obvious catch which even the commentators called. Cam all of a sudden has almost non existent pass protection and on of his RB can't block if his life depended on it smh. On an instigator note, perhaps they need the white clean-cut American guy to win over the black dabbing "thug" who knows. Back to Blade and Soul I go. I'll just see the end score.

Why is Cam Newton a "thug"? Also is Cam Newton not a clean cut American guy?  

Because of his dabbing and personality, he's been labeled a thug. It's Russell Wilson who "knows his place". Cam is too "loud" for your typical white American, Republican type. I hate that most Americans do not know that the US is supposed to be a Constitutional Republic, and not a democracy. Under Democracy it is majority rule. As a constitutional republic, there is a constant sense of compromise which is why you have 2 senators per state (regardless of population) and a representative at the house per X population in each state. I could get further into it, but it would be an hours long conversation. Check Aaron Russos' documentary "America: Freedom to Facism. It gives you insight on corporatism, the military industrial complex, and the illegality of the existence of the IRS. PM me if you wanna have a deep conversation heh.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.