By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
Holy crap, the NFC East is such a joke.

I... I don't get it. I don't get it at all.

Was the plan to spike the ball to run two seconds off the clock and leave nothing left when the field goal try goes through on the following play?

That's probably it: they may not have had faith that they could make an attempt in the end zone with six seconds left. Which is pesimisstic, but in light of how they failed to execute a spike I concede that Gruden probably has a better grasp on his team's foibles than I do.

Around the Network

Wow, you folks see that alleges something shady w/ Manning and HGH?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--hgh--other-drugs-were-shipped-to-peyton-manning-s-wife-025038551.html

That same report also links Clay Matthews to painkillers, at least.

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
Holy crap, the NFC East is such a joke.

I... I don't get it. I don't get it at all.

Was the plan to spike the ball to run two seconds off the clock and leave nothing left when the field goal try goes through on the following play?

Despite his time in the league Kirk cousins hasn't played a whole lot. You basically have to look at this like its his rookie year. He got to excited and just made a boneheaded play. You could see him try to spike after taking the knee,he knew he fucked up! Like I said rookie season.

That was an Iggles Special.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--hgh--other-drugs-were-shipped-to-peyton-manning-s-wife-025038551.html

Lets send it to Peyton's wife. That way if somebody finds out it wont be linked to Peyton? lol

I will be keeping an eye on this story to see how it develops. 

Vasto said:
mornelithe said:

Lets send it to Peyton's wife. That way if somebody finds out it wont be linked to Peyton? lol

I will be keeping an eye on this story to see how it develops. 

Yeah, it's unconfirmed at this time, of course.  Manning's already issued a strong denial (not that that should matter, other strong denials were...quite readily tossed aside), so has his agent (see previous parenthetical notation).

RolStoppable said:

Not looking good for Arkaign's deluded prediction.

EDIT: Yes, that was a fumble. Good ref.

Wat :)

RolStoppable said:
Arkaign said:
RolStoppable said:

Not looking good for Arkaign's deluded prediction.

EDIT: Yes, that was a fumble. Good ref.

Wat :)

This would be the right time for your next prediction: Are the Redskins Super Bowl-bound?

Hahah, that would be a fitting end to this shitfest of a year.

No, I think Cardinals, Panthers, or Patriots will get it, and with the injuries, I'm leaning Cards slightly.

It would be hilariously awesome for the team given up for dead to take it all though, just to give a huge middle finger to this season.

Damn it, knew I should of started Jordan Reed. Was tempted to start Kirk Cousins as well, oh well.