By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
RolStoppable said:
FatedReality said:

I think Turkeys had it better today than the Eagles. The Eagles got slaughtered against the lions..... Wow. It looks like most of the team doesn't even want to play anymore.

Yeah, it looks like that. Also, their upcoming games are tough before they finish with two divisional meetings. This is the first NFC East team that can be written off for good.

This is especially sad considering the Cowboys have a better shot at winning the division than the Eagles at this point. I didn't think chips job was in trouble earlier this year when the Eagles were struggling, but these last 3 games might have sealed his fate. 

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network

Sports writers are something else. Not long ago, they were utterly in love with Chip Kelly. Now, they're slamming him left and right.

Wow, just wow. I'm just shaking my head right now.

RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Wow, just wow. I'm just shaking my head right now.

The annual Thanksgiving meltdown of the Cowboys. I am glad that I didn't fall for it yet again.

This looks like another horror show in the making. Last year they blew it against the Eagles and lost 33-10 to a Sanchez team. I also remember that other time when I thought they would beat the Redskins, but then I lost hope when Washington was ahead 28-0 in the first half.

Again, I am glad that I abandoned this sinking ship. Have fun in the NFC East cellar with your buddies from Philadelphia.

Welp, I knew it was a long shot for Dallas to win out. I never really expected it to begin with. Top 5 draft pick should be the goal now.

RolStoppable said:

Noble, Noble, Noble...

You can't just throw in the towel after a game your team was going to lose anyway. NFC East teams tend to play terrible in Washington, so the Giants might lose this week and Dallas would still only be two games behind the division leader. Like I said before, a sweep will take care of the Redskins while the Giants could end up at 8-8 and either 2-4 or 3-3 in the division. 8-8 is enough for the Cowboys if they are 4-2 in the division.

Of course, Dallas will lose in Green Bay, so be prepared to cry in your pillow for the rest of the season.

The Giants are actually the only team in the NFC East that plays well against the Skins especially when Cousins is QB. I think Cousins has had 1 TD and 7 interceptions over there last 3 meetings. It also doesn't help that the Giants are coming off a strong game against the Pats and a bye week with a lot of players coming off an injury. The Giants are in prime position to make a run for the playoffs.

Even though they won't do this it would be in Dallas's best interest bench Romo because clearly he is still rusty from his injury and they should tank the rest of there games. They would get a top 5 draft pick, rest there star QB and maybe target a high QB in the draft to groom sense Romo only has a few years left. 

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Welp, I knew it was a long shot for Dallas to win out. I never really expected it to begin with. Top 5 draft pick should be the goal now.

Noble, Noble, Noble...

You can't just throw in the towel after a game your team was going to lose anyway. NFC East teams tend to play terrible in Washington, so the Giants might lose this week and Dallas would still only be two games behind the division leader. Like I said before, a sweep will take care of the Redskins while the Giants could end up at 8-8 and either 2-4 or 3-3 in the division. 8-8 is enough for the Cowboys if they are 4-2 in the division.

Of course, Dallas will lose in Green Bay, so be prepared to cry in your pillow for the rest of the season.

LMAO

And Romo is hurt again. Ffs, at least we're confirmed to have a top 5 pick, if not the top 2.

Good for the draft pick. With Romo healthy, they were still decidedly the lesser team on the field today at all phases of the game, and unless they really started to fire on all cylinders (looking at last year Eagles Thanksgiving vs.the game at the Eagles a couple weeks later for example was like two different teams entirely, both with Romo), their odds of doing anything even after winning the East would have been truly slim.

Redskins can take the division, muhahahaha. Quite honestly, they have a far better shot than the Eagles, who have completely fallen apart, or the Cowboys with Cassel. I do think Cassel is better than given credit for, and is more than capable of winning games. He got thrown into the starting job with very very little time for prep and chemistry building with the team, and he still kept the games very close for the most part. In fact, it worries me that he will do good enough to send Dallas to 7-9 or so, screwing up the draft pick somewhat.

The Panthers are just a plain good team. I'm not sure if they can take down the Cardinals or not, and GB is definitely capable of a late-season resurgence if things go right. I'd count most any of the other teams out in the NFC for sure though, just due to them not being nearly as complete on all phases of the game.

RolStoppable said:
I just learned that the Packers can tie the rivalry between them and the Bears with a win tonight. The Bears must have been a good football team 60-90 years ago. You know, before proper rules were implemented and when the Bears used to send their trained dog on the field in case they needed another timeout.

IIRC, GB was pretty mediocre to bad for much of the 70s and 80s. It was the Favre era which restored their prestige.

Meanwhile, the Bears were a perennial contender for much of the same era, capping it off really with the '85 monster team.

Damnit, no matter how hard I try I can't get a lower winning percentage than the Cowboys

#1 Amb-ass-ador