By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464

While we're considering ideas to give to Belichick...any chance we could possibly throw a run in the Patriots' playbook? Tom Brady's a great quarterback and all, but geeze...I don't think New England has run it yet in 9 plays.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
While we're considering ideas to give to Belichick...any chance we could possibly throw a run in the Patriots' playbook? Tom Brady's a great quarterback and all, but geeze...I don't think New England has run it yet in 9 plays.

No no, you misread me.  I said Belichick needs to give a representative (Not Patriots affiliated) to the competition committee his ideas, so the NFL takes them seriously.

And no, they haven't run yet.  But, that was kinda expected.  Jet's run D is great, and with Lewis inactive, it was going to be a light on the run kind of game.

Two great drives by the Lions.

Please don't implode.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

So...why do only like 3 people get credit for the Thursday night pick?

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

RolStoppable said:
I am still not sure if I should change my picks for the late games. The Chargers have a lot of injuries and they've lost to worse Raiders in recent history. The Cowboys are still missing Romo and Bryant, but otherwise they seem to be good to go, and the Giants aren't a particularly good team.

Arkaign, help me out here. At least on the second game.

I'm a bit of a homer (still picked the Pats against them easily of course).

Still, this is the first week of the year all of the defensive pieces are together. They should be pretty effective in ringing Eli's bell and controlling the line/center run game.

Offensively I have no idea. I do believe that Cassel will be an upgrade from Weeden (who was the terrible combination of indecisive, prone to checkdowns behind the line of scrimmage, and had HORRILE pocket sense .. stepping back into circling edge rushers instead of forward to the pass/scramble).

Will it be enough? Who knows, the NFC East is notorious for completely random results any given Sunday no matter how good/bad a team has been throughout the year. TOUGH rivalries for sure.

My personal feeling is that Dallas will win with a superior defensive effort and adequate offense, but I won't count out the NYG either.

24-20.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
dongo8 said:
So...why do only like 3 people get credit for the Thursday night pick?

Because they are the only people who I like. Now you wish you had shown some sympathy when I was banned.

No sympathy needed, I don't even know why you got banned. Did someone take your banter seriously or something? 

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Lions are finally looking like the Lions. Too much offensive talent on that team not to put up points.

Andrew Luck is not looking like Andrew Luck, though. On the other hand, Tannehill has 4 touchdowns in the first half. What a strange day of football.

This only reinforces my belief that the Panthers are going to get blown out by the Eagles later today.

mornelithe said:
MTZehvor said:

No no, you misread me.  I said Belichick needs to give a representative (Not Patriots affiliated) to the competition committee his ideas, so the NFL takes them seriously.

And no, they haven't run yet.  But, that was kinda expected.  Jet's run D is great, and with Lewis inactive, it was going to be a light on the run kind of game.

I know, I wasn't aiming that post directly at you. More of just using the "give Belichick ideas" train of thought to voice a frustration.

Time for a fire sale in Houston? And a contract offer for the Dolphins interim coach?

Tannehill is being compared to Dan Marino. Never thought I'd see the day.

MTZehvor said:
mornelithe said:

I know, I wasn't aiming that post directly at you. More of just using the "give Belichick ideas" train of thought to voice a frustration.

Ahh ok, gotcha :)