By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

CosmicSex said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Pionner said:

No. Amazon has been correct thus far. I'm just saying going by Amazon, because PS4 is low on stock, that means it will affect overall sales it putting too much credit in one retailer. I would understand if ALL retailers were low on stock, but they aren't.

I can't remember exactly when it was but last time there was a shortage of PS4s the gap was smaller than expected. Of course it depends on why there's a shortage. Perhaps There's a shortage because the PS4 sold more than expected which would mean it still sold the same but mush faster.

Well, I think there is a good reason why. I believe that it is because of Call of Duty.   Being first on PS4 might have converted some diehards.  

Plus check out the comparisons on YouTube.  This is one of the first times that the difference is obvious.   Notice DF's lack of commentary.  And of course they probably won't mention the freezing at all.

But in any case its quite clear that the COD community is really getting behind the PS4 this time.

If the final game, which surely can't get much more polished between now and November, has very notable perfomance deficits on Xb one compared to PS4 then there will be major accusations of Sony paying Activision to deliberately gimp the Xb one version.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
CosmicSex said:

If the final game, which surely can't get much more polished between now and November, has very notable perfomance deficits on Xb one compared to PS4 then there will be major accusations of Sony paying Activision to deliberately gimp the Xb one version.

But is that really fair to say when we all know that the PS4 is in fact a more powerful system with a stronger GPU?

Plus its not just the resolution.  The loading times on Xbox One are twice as high.  At some point, people might retaliate and say that it was PS4 that was gimped this whole time. 

CosmicSex said:
binary solo said:

But is that really fair to say when we all know that the PS4 is in fact a more powerful system with a stronger GPU?

Plus its not just the resolution.  The loading times on Xbox One are twice as high.  At some point, people might retaliate and say that it was PS4 that was gimped this whole time. 

Fair isn't relevent here. Since when have accusations of bias, gimping and other alleged dubious industry practices ever been passed through a fairness filter by the accusers before spewing forth on the internet?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

CosmicSex said:

Well, I think there is a good reason why. I believe that it is because of Call of Duty.   Being first on PS4 might have converted some diehards.  

Plus check out the comparisons on YouTube.  This is one of the first times that the difference is obvious.   Notice DF's lack of commentary.  And of course they probably won't mention the freezing at all.

But in any case its quite clear that the COD community is really getting behind the PS4 this time.

Oh, hell, I forgot about COD. Yep, you're probably right. I haven't seen any mention of the differences between the two versions thouggh. Was the comparison legitimate?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Pionner said:

No. Amazon has been correct thus far. I'm just saying going by Amazon, because PS4 is low on stock, that means it will affect overall sales it putting too much credit in one retailer. I would understand if ALL retailers were low on stock, but they aren't.

I can't remember exactly when it was but last time there was a shortage of PS4s the gap was smaller than expected. Of course it depends on why there's a shortage. Perhaps There's a shortage because the PS4 sold more than expected which would mean it still sold the same but mush faster.

Well the monthly still shows a sizable gap with XB1. Total sales will remain higher for these last couple of days for NPD data.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network

Madden bundle has entered the monthly chart.

Until Dawn still charting very nicely.

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Until Dawn still charting very nicely.

Say whatever you want about PewDiePie but him playing UD is probably giving the game some boost right now.

UD is also getting plenty of play on Twitch and decent viewer numbers.

Jimi Hendrix

Are ALL consoles out of stock?

#40 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#62 PS4 Batman Bundle
#81 XB1 1tb Master Chief Bundle
#82 XB1 1tb Madden Bundle
#89 XB1 Madden Bundle

When is Black Friday? Could both companies be holding back stock for that?

The PS5 Exists.