By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

63 = xbox one
64 = xbox one
65 = xbox one
66 = xbox one

lol

Around the Network

Xbox brand just isn't as exciting now with PSN being equal and a more affordable PS.Then there was no year head start and not many exclusives.Imagine if they never dropped the price?If it's like this in the US than it must be even worse globally.

2008ProchargedGT said:
binary solo said:

Not every Halo fan can afford the extra $100 for what is effectively cosmetic shit that doesn't do much for the actual gaming experience. So you can expect a very decent hardware spike on launch week, as well as the week prior to launch when all the H5 bundles actually ship.

A bit surprised that the Madden bundle, which is alrteady shippinng, is so low down the list. It might be doing better at normal retailers I suppose. Still, aside from the games as big as CoD, I don't think multiplat games that are the second iteration for a generation and are still on last gen consoles do much for hardware sales.

You think Sony will do a special edition CoD bundle or just a pack in? I think a SE CoD bundle would murder the Holiday's even tho its loosing popularity

Maybe a special box, but not a special console. The Destiny and MGS limited edition consoles are coming out sufficiently before CoD that a special box with game packed in would do well enough. Depending on what Sony has coming exclusively next Oct/Nov I could see a limited edition CoD PS4 for 2016.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ryng_Tolu said:
63 = xbox one
64 = xbox one
65 = xbox one
66 = xbox one

lol

It seems odd that after Gamescom things seem to have gotten worse for MS, not better. I'm wondering whether a lot of people have realised their best games are coming next year and are now buying PS4s. Just a thought and the only explanation I can think of.

The PS5 Exists. 

Gears of War bundle at #222.
That's low, but consideing 2 weeks ago was out of TOP 1000, last week in TOP 500... maybe will be in TOP 100 in the hourly before August end?

Around the Network

Funny think, let's predict ALL XB1 sales this month... i predict 215k for Bone... so:

[MCC] 71,000
[1TB] 43,000
[Madden] 32,000
[500gb] 30,000
[ACUnity] 24,000
[GOW:U] 15,000

Ryng_Tolu said:
Funny think, let's predict ALL XB1 sales this month... i predict 215k for Bone... so:

[MCC] 71,000
[1TB] 43,000
[Madden] 32,000
[500gb] 30,000
[ACUnity] 24,000
[GOW:U] 15,000

MCC-70K

1TB-50K

Madden-40K

500GB-20K

Unity-15K

Gears- 25k

230k sounds right and Ps4 around 205k  while Wiiu around 45k

Find it hard to see X1 winning August, September too will be hard to win for them. I think MGS is being under-estimated. I bought my PS2 and 3 for MGS games.

binary solo said:
If Amazon is any kind of indicator of relative sales, not just which console is ahead for the month, I think this is a worry for MS. They're throwing so much into the USA and they are coming up short for too many months.

I think we can say Until Dawn will do OK, but I don't think it will do anything special unless it earns an unexpectedly high metacscore (88+). I don't see that happening.

Until Dawn will do well in Europe and not so well in USA, just like Heavy Rain and Beyond.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
binary solo said:
If Amazon is any kind of indicator of relative sales, not just which console is ahead for the month, I think this is a worry for MS. They're throwing so much into the USA and they are coming up short for too many months.

I think we can say Until Dawn will do OK, but I don't think it will do anything special unless it earns an unexpectedly high metacscore (88+). I don't see that happening.

Until Dawn will do well in Europe and not so well in USA, just like Heavy Rain and Beyond.

You think so? Until Dawn seems like the typical American cabin in the woods horror story. I would have thought it would appeal more in the USA. Or are you meaning the genre has much more appeal in Europe?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix