By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

2008ProchargedGT said:
Sh1nn said:

The hype is real 

So basically just the peopel who were waiting to get a x1 for H5 got the humble and now its fizzling out

Not every Halo fan can afford the extra $100 for what is effectively cosmetic shit that doesn't do much for the actual gaming experience. So you can expect a very decent hardware spike on launch week, as well as the week prior to launch when all the H5 bundles actually ship.

A bit surprised that the Madden bundle, which is alrteady shippinng, is so low down the list. It might be doing better at normal retailers I suppose. Still, aside from the games as big as CoD, I don't think multiplat games that are the second iteration for a generation and are still on last gen consoles do much for hardware sales.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Sh1nn said:
celador said:
Halo 5 bundle now out of the top 100.

The hype is real 

BRUTAL!

ihh said:

I don´t think Until Down will do well. It´s doing worse than Gears of War Remaster, which I don´t think will do well either. IIRC God of War 3 Remaster was in the 20s by launch too and did poorly on npd.

As for the xbone hardware seems to be performing very poorly, maybe because they have so many skus right now. I thought that August would be a clear win for microsoft mostly because of the bundles but now I´m not so sure.
PS4 seems to be fine.

I think Gears will do ok... let's say 150-200k.

There are just too dam many XB1 sku's.

i still think Xbox will win this month since Amazon cant be trusted right now since stock is low. TBH if Xbox does not win this month in the US it as a brand is in trouble.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
i still think Xbox will win this month since Amazon cant be trusted right now since stock is low. TBH if Xbox does not win this month in the US it as a brand is in trouble.

It won't win and no, the brand isn't in trouble.

The PS5 Exists. 

binary solo said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

So basically just the peopel who were waiting to get a x1 for H5 got the humble and now its fizzling out

Not every Halo fan can afford the extra $100 for what is effectively cosmetic shit that doesn't do much for the actual gaming experience. So you can expect a very decent hardware spike on launch week, as well as the week prior to launch when all the H5 bundles actually ship.

A bit surprised that the Madden bundle, which is alrteady shippinng, is so low down the list. It might be doing better at normal retailers I suppose. Still, aside from the games as big as CoD, I don't think multiplat games that are the second iteration for a generation and are still on last gen consoles do much for hardware sales.

You think Sony will do a special edition CoD bundle or just a pack in? I think a SE CoD bundle would murder the Holiday's even tho its loosing popularity

CoD PS3 in TOP 100
CoD360 out of TOP 100

...MEGATON???????????

I know Amazon is not accurate for the software, but there is a chance for CoD BO III on PS3 to sell more... IN THE US!!!!!!

That's never happen. That's fucking apocalypse scenario!!!!!!!!

Halo limited at 14 in the monthly. Looks like will be out of TOP 20...

Surprised the Halo 5 bundle is still that high on the monthly vhart actually.
Until Dawn still can't get into the top thirty, hovering at 31 still.
Destiny bundle has gone up a bit.
Still no sign of MGSV on X1 entering the 100, which I find incredible. At#127 right now, will likely enter top 100 at last when reviews on Monday appear.