By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Windows 10 Update 14 million downloads in 24 hours

Has Windows 10 been worth iot for you?

YES! 102 70.83%

No. 42 29.17%

Total:144

I wanted to get it but there is already an issue with League of Legends (a fix got released yesterday, but who knows how long before the next issue right)

Also I would not advised devs to jump on it yet, there are several issues with Occulus Rift among others.

Around the Network

Only have it on one of my computers, and unfortunately it's my secondary one. But it's good so far.

I like the OS so far but I really don't like Edge

Puppyroach said:
Lawlight said:
So, what's so good about it? All I keep hearing is that it's more of the same.

It starts up faster than W7 and drains less resources. It has XBox streaming capabilities. Compared to W8.1, it actually merges touch and keyboard interfaces in a way that works really great. It also has Cortana (sadly not for us in Sweden yet) and one of the best browsers I have ever tried.

In the beginning most OS are fast, then they slow down when they store a lot of crap files.

Is Cortana really good?

Just kidding! Is it good?

What is good with the browser?

Tallgeese101 said:
Edge is really nice. Will need an adblocker before it can be my main browser though.

That's what I'm waiting for. I voted on the UserVoice website for them to add TPL support to Edge.

Around the Network

"You can`t keep Windows settings, personal files, and apps because you've chosen to install Windows 10 using a different language than you`re currently using."

Has anyone gotten this? If so, how did you fix it? IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE.

morenoingrato said:
I want my notification to arrive. :(

Don't wait. Download and install it from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.

Teeqoz said:
MoHasanie said:
Its okay. Its better than the Windows 8 and Edge is really fast. Might switch from Chrome to Edge permanently.

I think now would be the perfect time for MS to renew Bing, make it better, make ads less intrusive. They could probably gain some serious marketshare by doing that.

Add a converter (for temperature, currency, measurements) like google has, add a calculator etc. It's really handy do just be able to type in anything like "100 fahrenheit to celsius" in your browser, and Google just gives you the answer.

Bing already does converstions and gives you the answers just look Goolge..  and has a calculator built in..   and has way less ads then Google..  so yeah.... already done.. so go use it.. lol

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Ruling out the problems I had the first day I installed it, it is a pretty good browser so far. Thumbnails load a billion times faster unlike Windows 7, start menu customization is amazing with everything where I want it and how I want it. Everything overall reminds me of Windows 7 with a visual and performance redo. I was messing around with Cortana and while she's a bit inaccurate, she's quite amazing with what she can do.

Though on the second day my typing speed was impaired on Skype, I was able to change it tweaking around. There's something that unsettles me and it's the fact that programs are now referred to as apps. Having my Microsoft account linked to my computer's sign-in worries me a bit. What if there's something wrong with their servers and local sign-in is not available. And the fact that the Control Panel is way too simplified bothers me inside. But I guess that's what Microsoft was aiming at. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

On a side note, don't open Firefox with Cortana, as it will switch your homepage to Omiga Plus, a browser hijacker. But it won't stay that way when you open the browser normally.

cpg716 said:
Teeqoz said:

I think now would be the perfect time for MS to renew Bing, make it better, make ads less intrusive. They could probably gain some serious marketshare by doing that.

Add a converter (for temperature, currency, measurements) like google has, add a calculator etc. It's really handy do just be able to type in anything like "100 fahrenheit to celsius" in your browser, and Google just gives you the answer.

Bing already does converstions and gives you the answers just look Goolge..  and has a calculator built in..   and has way less ads then Google..  so yeah.... already done.. so go use it.. lol

Bing doesn't do conversions (at least not on my iphone), and regardless of what I search for, Bing always has at least two ads on top, Google usually doesn't have anything.